11. All I Need

5AM and we still feelin' reckless
Piled up in the whip gettin' breakfast
All my friends by my side
Is all I need in my life
All my friends by my side
Is all I need in my life
-All I need
-Dimitri Vegas
-Like Mike
-Gucci Mane

•••••

"Chocolate is way better than vanilla," Noah argued, licking the chocolate ice cream off of his spoon.

"No ways! Vanilla is the best, there's so many toppings you can put on it without getting a funky taste," Violet retorted, scooping up a lump of vanilla ice cream from her ceramic bowl.

"Now, now children I think we all know peppermint is the best," Kyle chided.

Violet and Noah started to laugh at Kyle.

"Peppermint's for grandmothers," Noah gasped out in between his laughter.

I watched their banter and licked the caramel ice cream that was dripping down my sugar cone. Cameron shrugged when Noah asked him what his favourite ice cream flavour was.

"Anything with nuts I guess."

Noah wrinkled his nose in disgust at Cameron's choice and then turned to me to.

"What about you Riles?" Noah asked.

"Cookies and cream," I said confidently.

Violet gasped.

"Don't you mean vanilla?" she asked me with a sickly sweet smile.

I shook my head and stuck my tongue out at Violet.

"What about you Ryder?" Noah asked Ryder.

Ryder looked up from the bubblegum milkshake he was drinking and glanced at me. His eyes fell to my lips and I sucked in a deep breath through my nose when he lifted his eyes to mine, his slightly darkened.

"Cherry," he said, taking a long drag of the light blue foam.

I fixed my eyes on the white spotless napkin on the brown wooden table in Delilah's Delights, which was an ice cream and milkshake bar. My cheeks flushed a bright red colour and I prayed and hoped no one noticed my sudden discomfort.

Noah turned to me and then to Ryder, and then back to me.

"Okay then," Noah said, dragging the 'o'.

I let out a breath of relief when Kyle changed the topic to how he was still single and it was already three weeks into the year.

Although everyone seemed to have forgotten what Ryder had said, one person was still staring between Ryder and I curiously.

I looked up to meet Cameron's dark gaze and gave him a friendly smile. He smiled back and then gave up on trying to figure out what was going on with Ryder and I, and instead joined the conversation on finding Kyle a girlfriend.