08. Say the Word

Do you think about me
like I think about you?
I like to think that you do,
Way you pull me in
How your hands feel on my skin
God I like the way that you do it
like the way that you do it
-Say the word
-Emily Vaughn
-Lostboycrow

•••••

I groggily got out of my bed grumbling to myself about how annoying impatient people were. I stretched my muscles and groaned when a sudden surge of pain shot through my shoulder when I rolled it forward and hip when I bent to the side.

Oh yeah I was tossed around like a rag doll last night...

Last night!

I had completely forgotten about my encounter with the guys Brandon had sent to kidnap me. What I had also forgotten about, more like who, was Ryder.

I looked around me at my vans thrown to one side of my room and tried to remember walking to my bed or throwing a large shirt over my clothes.

I pulled my shirt away from my skin to see if I I still had my clothes from last night on.

I did.

I wonder if...

No he wouldn't have!

The violent pounding started up again and my heart seemed to pick up its speed as well.

I softly padded from my room to my front door and pressed my ear against it to try and hear anything from outside.

"Maybe she went out," a familiar voice said.

"I hope not! I'll kill her for giving me a heart attack yesterday," another voice said.

Violet?

I unlocked my door and swung it open, and standing there tapping her foot impatiently was Violet along with Cameron, Kyle, Noah and Ryder.

"Riley!" Violet exclaimed throwing her arms around me and pulling me into a tight embrace.

I ignored my protesting shoulder and hugged her back wondering why she was so happy to see me.

"We were so worried about you when we couldn't find you, and then Ryder was also gone and we couldn't get a hold of either of you," she said still hugging me.

She took a step back and examined my appearance.

"I'm guessing we caught you at a bad time?" she asked laughing at my disheveled appearance:

To top it off, I hadn't fully woken up from my sleep and so I probably looked like a ghost.

I stepped back and let everyone through avoiding eye contact with Ryder.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked stifling a yawn.

Noah looked around at my blank walls while Violet, Kyle and Cameron took a seat on my couch and Ryder leaned against the wall behind the couch.