17. Lily

She knew she was hypnotised
And walking on cold thin ice
Then it broke, and she awoke again
Then she ran faster than
Start screaming, is there someone out there?
Please help me
Come get me
-Lily
-Alan Walker
-K-391
-Emelie Hollow

•••••

I didn't answer Brandon and instead focused my gaze on the table I was being forced to sit at. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked to my right to see a smiling guy with messy brown locks and honey gold eyes. You wouldn't expect someone like him to be in a gang because of his scrawny build and friendly smile.

"It's nice seeing you again," he said in a low voice, so soft that Brandon didn't hear him.

I gave him a small smile.

"It's nice seeing you again too Kodak," I said honestly.

Alec and Kodak were the only two people from Brandon's gang I actually enjoyed seeing and spending time with. Kodak was the first person Brandon introduced me to in Wintersville.

I instantly took a liking to him because he was one of the very few people Brandon knew who actually made an effort to talk to me.

Kodak grinned at me.

"So, how have you been?" he asked.

I raised my eyebrows at him and made a gesture at Brandon.

"Scared out of my mind because I was hunted down by a blood thirsty psychopath and extremely terrified if I say something out of line because he has the ability to kill my friends. So, I've been great," I said sarcastically.

Kodak's grin fell from his face.

"I'm sorry about your family Riley. It's just that...Brandon really likes you and maybe if you put this aside everything can go back to the way it was. We can all be friends again and-"

"Kodak, stop. I don't have those feelings for Brandon anymore, not after what he's done. Nothing is ever going to be the same. I just want this to be over," I said lowly.

Kodak was an amazing person, but the problem with him was that he always saw the good in people and never the bad. He had this image of Brandon's good side in his head and would never see the bad in him.

Once upon a time he did have a good side, or maybe my naïve self imagined all of the good things about him. I still remembered how desperate I was to fit in, and then he walked in. Brandon made me feel so many things I had never felt before. We would stay up late into the night talking about our future together, painting the perfect picture with colourful dreams and whispers of unbroken promises.

It was all a lie.

Brandon would whisper his promises of protecting me and letting me rule by his side as his queen, in exchange for me. Just me, normal naïve Riley for all of that. I didn't care about how popular he was, or how his previous girlfriends had been damaged way beyond repair after dating him. I fell for his sinful looks and charming act, thinking he too was completely lost in me.