14. Run

I am a human being
Capable of doing terrible things
I am a human being
Capable of doing terrible things
There's lightning striking all over the world
-Run
-AWOLNATION

•••••

It's been a full day and a half since Ryder had kissed me. Ryder has successfully avoided me for a whole freaking day!

Wednesday afternoon, here I was standing outside North Grey High's double front doors waiting for Violet who was my ride home.

Throughout English yesterday, Ryder had completely ignored me every time I tried to get his attention. He even went as far as opening his textbook and making a show of taking down notes, when I saw him drawing spirals in his work book.

The idiot thought I'm so stupid.

Straight after school he ran for his car and never came to the apartment until God knows what time. I waited for him yesterday, lounging on the couch and browsing through the channels. I was ready to attack him with my questions as soon as he stepped through the front door.

Too bad I fell asleep before he could come home.

The only sign that Ryder had come home from wherever he was, was the fact that I had fallen asleep on my couch and had woken up in my bed.

Any other day I would have awed at his sweet gesture, but this morning I charged like a raging bull into his room when I got up to confront him about the situation at hand.

Too bad he wasn't in his room.

I stormed into the kitchen and still there was no sign of him. I guessed that he had woken up slightly earlier than me to avoid the interrogation session he was bound to get.

School dragged on for that whole day, with Ryder not showing up to lunch and ditching the last two lessons of the day with Noah, Kyle and Cameron.

Was the kiss that bad?

I had only kissed one guy before Ryder, and as far as I was concerned I wasn't a bad kisser. Maybe not an expert, but I wasn't so bad that the guy would have to avoid me.

The only other explanation for Ryder avoiding me, was that he regretted the kiss. I've never felt so conflicted in my life. Sure, I wasn't really a girl that had her shit together but I was always sure of my decisions every time I made them.

I wasn't going to lie and say I wasn't scared of talking about where we take it from here after what happened on Monday, but I sure as hell wasn't going to keep chasing him if he kept running.

"So, it's boys night at Kyle's house," Violet said, running down the steps to where I was standing.

What a coincidence...not

"Which means you're at home alone?" I guessed.

"Yep, and it means that you're at home alone as well since you're newly found roommate is going to be staying at Kyle's house with the rest of the guys," Violet said giving me a huge grin.