Epilogue

Will you love me when my heartbeat stops?
When my heartbeat stops,
Will you stay mine?
Will you promise me you'll search for us?
Will you find me after life?
Oh, for better or for worse
Will death be our last kiss, my love?
Will you promise me you'll search for us?
Will you find me after life?
-Afterlife
-Hailee Steinfeld

•••••

Ryder entered Kyle's house, brushing past Kyle and Noah who were seated on the couch playing a game of Grand Theft Auto. The both of them ignored him, clearly mad about how he disregarded Riley's feelings after she confessed she loved him, which they heard.

Ryder didn't want a lecture from either of them, he'd been beating himself about it ever since he left her crying in his room earlier that day.

Ryder sat down at his desk and picked up his black pen, for the umpteenth time that day, to write his goodbye letter to Riley.

Now that he was dripping with sorrow and filled with an ache which begun in his chest, he thought it would be easier this time as he touched pen to spotless paper.

Dear Riley, my Riley

You literally just left, and you probably hate me for acting like I never cared when you confessed your love for me.

The truth is, I couldn't have been happier. In that split second the words, "I love you," left your beautiful lips, I envisioned everything. Our future together.

Kids playing on the front lawn of the mansion I would work my ass of to afford for us, you coming home from work to a warm meal because I would most likely arrive before you.

It didn't scare me like I thought it would, it filled me with a longing.

But I can't stay...

I hurt you, more than I thought I could. If I stay, I'd destroy you. I couldn't protect you and now I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

It has been torture trying to get you out of my head, because no matter what I do I can't stop regretting the day I left.

But I need to go, I'm going to Alaska as you know. But I'm leaving slightly earlier so that I can settle down, I'm not trying to forget you Riley Carter because I know that would be impossible.

At this point in time, I need to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I need to distance myself from you, because I need to be able to live without you.

In this very moment I crave you, your scent, your touch even the sound of your voice. I'm addicted to you...dear God that sounds so fucking gross.

As I was saying, I'm leaving but not forever. I'd never leave you forever. I just need some time, to think about my life and try and move on from the reckless image I have built for myself here in Grey's Town.

My only request, is that you realize how amazing you truly are. You made my life exciting, gave me a headache but you loved me and that eliminated all negative things you could have ever said or did. You made me so happy, life with you by my side was pure bliss.

Thank you, for everything Carter.

I want to be the guy who deserves your love, and I can't do that by staying.

I will return, one day.

Maybe it might be too late, maybe I'll crash into your life just like how we met. Or maybe you'll nearly run into my car...

Who knows?

What I do know, is that I love you Riley Carter, with my everything.

Nothing will change that.

Goodbye Riley, my Riley until I return.

Love
Ryder (Asshat) Wilson

Ryder folded the paper in half and placed it inside a pristine white envelope he found in Kyle's basement. He signed her name on it in cursive. Ryder sealed the envelope shut, and with it his love for the infamous Riley Carter, the girl who stole his heart and would keep it even when his heartbeat stopped. 

•••••
I'm not crying you are.
Check out the Credits video down below and in the media section, while you're trying not to kill me.
Thank you for reading my chapter! : )
-Grayx