Authors Note

Firstly, I'd like to thank all of my amazing readers. I appreciate every single one of you, yes I adore you silent readers too. A huge thank you to my voters and commenters. Your comments never fail to make me smile and your votes make my day.

To everyone who followed Ryder's and Riley's journey up until this point, thank you so much. I hoped reading their story was as much fun as it was for me writing it.

Ryder and Riley were my first written main characters, and I couldn't have been more proud of how they turned out. Reading through these chapters from beginning till end I see major character development and I feel as if I'm a part of them and they're a part of me.

My English teacher, who is one of my favourite teachers at my school, taught me the importance of character development and told me that if a character doesn't have any development readers are less likely to connect with them or relate with them.

I honestly believe her and couldn't agree more. Riley and Ryder's story was so much fun to write, yet I also found it quite challenging.

I never really knew how to express emotions in words and I hope I did okay : )

Now...

Please don't kill me.

I know what you're thinking,

"Seriously Gray? Did you have to kill Ryder?"

Well...I kind of did.

Now I know you probably think I'm some cruel, heartless villain who loves to see her readers in tears, but the truth is, folks it all ties up for my second book.

If I never killed Ryder it wouldn't have added up in one scene in my second book in the series Falling Skies.

Also I wanted Unsteady to have a heart breaking but captivating ending. For some reason, I thought a happy ending wouldn't do it justice and something my friend told me the other day just sort of finalised the ending to Unsteady.

She was speaking to me about a book she finished reading here on Wattpad, where the author ended the book in one of the character's dieing of cancer.

The author wrote an alternate ending chapter as well where I suspect the character survived, but my friend told me that she refused to read it because she felt it wouldn't captivate her or touch her as much as the original ending did.

Since I was still indecisive about a happy ending or sad ending for Unsteady I was really open to what she was saying, and hearing her words it was my exact words when I thought of a sad ending for Unsteady. I thought I was the only person who thought like that, but clearly I wasn't.

So folks, I'm really sorry if I disappointed you or I didn't reach your expectations you had for this book. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I know you're probably furious at my decision to kill Ryder and I'm sorry : (

This is my first completed book being posted online and I couldn't have been more happy, a little bit sad that we had to say goodbye to Ryder, I am going to miss him so much. It was so much of fun experimenting and creating my own little world.

Again, a big thank you to all my readers and supporters, I hope to see you again in Falling Skies where Brandon is the main character and we will go through his story.

Read on for some fun facts about Unsteady and more information on Falling Skies.

•|F u n  F a c t s|•

1. Unsteady was initially supposed to be titled Not What He Expected.

2. Riley was originally supposed to be played by Victoria Justice, Kyle by Jake T. Austin, Dylan by Richard Colson Baker aka Machine Gun Kelly and Violet by Elizabeth Gillies.

3. Ryder was supposed to be blonde and not played by anyone.

4. Noah and Kyle were supposed to reveal they were both gay and dating later on in the story, but I scrapped that idea when I revisited the chapters and didn't really see a spark and only bromance.

5. The ending was supposed to play out as Ryder following through with the car accident but surviving. Riley and Ryder would get their happy ending and so would the other characters.

6. Unsteady was uploaded a total number of three times before the final draft, this one, was uploaded. It was initially written in 2017 and taken down after two chapters, then uploaded again in 2018 around June and in December. Then taken down and finally uploaded again in February 2019 where I completed the book, at last :')

7. Riley was supposed to have kissed Kyle somewhere in the book, in my first draft but thank goodness I took that out because that would have been a mess.

8. Somewhere in the story there was supposed to be a mean girl played by Ashley Tisdale but I didn't see where she would fit in so I eliminated her too.

9. Scott was supposed to be Brandon's cousin and not Dylan, but after rereading my chapter where Riley sees Brandon at Scott's party, or a glimpse of him, I realized it was too obvious. I also thought that it never tied up why Dylan was hardly around or kept disappearing at certain times when Brandon appeared the most.

10. Brandon was supposed to die.

•|F a l l i n g S k i e s|•

Falling Skies is Brandon's story as I mentioned before, and starts from the point he left the hospital and has spent a week or two in Everton Winston.

In book two of the Shards of Glass Series you will discover Brandon's past for those of you who were curious, and find out why he turned out the way he did.

There will be a whole lot of flashbacks in the book and...Brandon finds a potential love interest!

What? Crazy, I know.

Head on over to Deceiving Reflections which is my informative book, I recommend you add to your library so the second there's a new story plot or there's something I need to tell you folks you will get it as soon as it's published.

Anyways, go over to Deceiving Reflections where you will find the plot and release date of Falling Skies.

Happy reading folks, hope you enjoyed book one of the series. I have so much planned for this series and all my others so stay tuned, you won't regret it.

Until next time : )

-Grayx