19. Stargazing

My constant patience
Has been worth its weight in gold
I can't wait 'til we're alone,
But until then we're
Stargazing
Stargazing
We're stargazing
Stargazing
At the same stars tonight
-stargazing
-gnash
-Vancouver Sleep Clinic

•••••

I woke up that Saturday morning feeling lofty and giddy. It could have been because of my newly found freedom, or maybe it was because Ryder and I were back to normal. Whatever the reason was, I didn't want it to go away.

After taking a quick shower, I had made my way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Ryder and I, but it seemed like someone had decided to do it for me.

I smelt the delicious aroma before I saw the meal before me. Freshly made pancakes, scrambled eggs and blueberry muffins were laid out on the kitchen counter. Ryder stood behind the mouthwatering food, rearranging the plates and getting out forks and knives but stopped once he heard my foot steps.

"Good morning sleepy head," he greeted cheerfully.

I looked at him with a confused expression, "Sleepy head? Isn't it nine?"

Ryder laughed at my expression.

"No Riley, it's twelve," he said, still chuckling.

My eyes widened.

Twelve!

"Why didn't you wake me up to help you?" I asked, staring at the breakfast Ryder had prepared.

"I thought you were tired, and anyways I did just fine by myself," Ryder shrugged nonchalantly.

My chest warmed at the fact that Ryder had woken up early to make breakfast for both of us, without even asking me to help.

My stomach rumbled after I had inhaled the scent of the pancakes and eggs, making me flush and wrap my arms around it as if that would make it stop.

Ryder grinned at me, "I guess we should eat?"

I nodded eagerly and took the plate Ryder was holding out for me. After dishing out my food, I waited for Ryder to sit down and then took a bite of my pancake.

I chewed the tiny piece and swallowed it, quickly going for another bite. I moaned once I finished chewing and wondered what was making the pancake taste this amazing, mine never tasted like this when I made them.

Ryder smiled at me, "I'm guessing it's good then?"

"Good? It's amazing! You have to tell me your secret," I said, sticking a fork into my eggs and eating them.

"Nope, that's my little secret," Ryder shook his head.

"Please? They're like heaven in my mouth," I begged.

Ryder laughed at me and shook his head.

Well, since he's staying with you maybe you can watch him the next time he makes them.