15. Unsteady

I know you're trying
To fight when you feel like flying
If you love me, don't let go
Hold, hold on
Hold on to me
'Cause I'm a little unsteady
A little unsteady
-Unsteady
-X Ambassadors
-Erich Lee Gravity
(Remix)

•••••

Five words.

Five words, which were enough to send me into a panic attack.

But they never.

Thankfully I managed to stay calm, well as calm as you can get when your worst nightmare was standing right in front of you.

Ryder squeezed my thigh to show me he was there for me, but that didn't stop the sudden fear that had crawled it's way into my bones and embedded itself into my brain.

I took a deep breath and continued to stare directly into the ominous black eyes which had haunted me whenever I had closed my eyes.

Brandon ran a hand through his shaggy brunette hair. His pale skin glowed underneath the classroom lights and his well defined chest was outlined clearly through his white shirt, his single chest tattoo shining through.

I had remembered staying up countless of nights and just staring, staring at the perfect work of art he really was. If only his personality was as beautifully sculpted as his looks.

But that was before the truth had slapped me right in the face.

"Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself Mr Taylor?" Mr Du Pont asked.

Brandon cleared his throat and licked his lips, and I saw some girls melt at the simple action.

You poor, oblivious girls.

"I grew up in Wintersville and I enjoy photography," he said, letting out a laugh at the end of his sentence enjoying some private joke of his.

Ryder turned to me when Brandon mentioned Wintersville, giving me a questioning look. I kept my face turned to the front of the class, pretending like I didn't see him.

"Interesting. You can take a seat at the open desk in front of Riley Carter. Miss Carter, may you raise your hand," Mr Du Pont asked.

I internally groaned and raised my hand. Brandon grinned and made his way towards me, I felt my palms begin to get clammy and started to rub them together.

As Brandon made his way towards me, I noticed a small cut on his eyebrow. The bleeding seemed to have stopped and made me realize that that was probably the result from Ryder's punch. I looked from Ryder to Brandon and bit my lip, Ryder's injuries were so much worse than Brandon's.

Even though Ryder was probably the most experienced fighter next to Dylan in Grey's Town, they both were no match for Brandon. Hell, if they weren't who says I'd even be able to lay a finger on him to defend myself?