Chapter 3

🔑Lucy's POV 🔑

I stretch up in my bed, yawning. The little light that was shining through the curtains of my window, cast a small shadow across the floor. I yawn again and lazily look over to my bedside table. I pick up my phone looking at the background, which was of Erza, Juvia, Levy and me. My eyes then scan up to the time.

Realizing the time I start panicking- it was already 9:49! I still have to get ready, and the walk there is fifteen minutes long!

I quickly try to type in the passcode on my phone, failing once, I hurriedly type Levy a text telling her I'd be late. I then throw the covers off of me, drop my phone on my bed and rush to get clothes.

I sloppily throw on a blue skirt and pink tank top. I quickly brush my teeth, running my fingers through my hair to hopefully make it look better.

I pull out a pair of black flats and rush out the door, phone in hand.

I run all the way to the small book store, almost tripping a few times.

"I'm.. here..." I say bending down slightly so my hands were on my knees as I heavily panted.

"Lucy! Are you okay? Did you run all the way here?" Levy rushes over making sure I'm ok. "Oh, Lu, you didn't have to, I would have been fine by myself until you got here!"

"I know.. but I felt bad for waking up late.."

"It's fine, Lu-chan!" Levy assures me.

"I'll make it up to you by paying for lunch today," I say, still feeling a little guilty.

"You really don't have to Lu-chan!"

"You may not mind me being late, but I do. So, I'll pay for lunch," if I don't do something to make up for it I won't feel right.

"Ok then! Well, anyways you're here now, so let's get to work! The books over here need to be put back on the shelves..."

🕛Time Skip🕛

I sigh as I close the shop door behind me. I pull the keys out of my bag, locking the double doors.

It had been a long day, it was fairly busy for a Thursday. Levy had left a little more than an hour ago, so it was just me. After I locked the stores doors I started heading home.

It was quite a peaceful night, you could hear the wind rushing through the leaves and a few crickets chirping in the grass.

I started my walk home enjoying the scenery around me.

I randomly had the urge to look back, I'm not sure why, but when I looked behind me I saw someone behind me. They were wearing a black cloak that covered their head so I had no idea who they were. Am I being followed?

Wait.. this must be another nightmare.

I'm going to wake up any minute now and I'll be on my bed at home. I was freaking out for nothing!

I continued walking, except backwards this time. As a stepped back I tripped on a small stone on the path. Ow, that hurt.. wait.. nightmares aren't supposed to actually physically hurt you.. this isn't just another dream.

This is real.

Suddenly the person wearing the cloak started running towards me; I jumped up, almost falling right back down again, and sprinted off.

This is exactly what happened in my nightmare! It's the same spot and everything!

I looked behind me again and they were gone. Exactly like in that dream, I stopped for a second before quickly remembering what happened next.

In my dream I stopped and that's when they caught me.. I kept running even though my legs were aching and I just wanted to sit down. I couldn't stop or they would catch me!

I kept running; I was, I hope, 5 minutes away from my house. I know I shouldn't stop running but I skidded to a stop when I saw a small blue(?!?) cat.

"What the heck... Is this? You're blue?"

"Aye, sir!"

"YOU CAN TALK?" I scream at the cat jumping backwards, bumping into something. Turning around I come into contact with a white cloth; right before everything went black, I saw a flash of pink.

———

Sorry for the really short chapter (*'-')

I'm trying to write more often; so, hopefully, there should be chapters out more often!

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺