Chapter 20

🔥Natsu's POV🔥

This is the place... the clothing company her friend... what was her friends name again? Oh right, Erza. This is also the place Lisanna and Mira work at. Well, I guess if I see Lisanna I can tell her what Lucy wanted to tell her.

Anyways...I should go in now.

"Hello, sir. Are you here to meet with someone?" The lady at the front desk ask me as I walk up to her.

"Umm, yeah... could I meet with Erza.. Scarlet?" I say looking at the name on the letter.

"Do you have a meeting with her? We're very busy right now, so unfortunately we can't have unscheduled meetings."

"I.. don't. I just need to give her something..." I don't know what to do, I just want to give her this letter.

"I could have someone bring it to her, if you'd like."

"That'd be goo- actually I'd like to give it to her myself." I'd like to ask her about Lucy's family if possible...

"I don't think she can meet with anyone right now, she's currently working on a big project that needs to be finished by tomorrow, so sorr-"

"Natsu? Is that you?" Both me and the lady at the front desk heads turn towards the direction of the voice.

Oh, thank god! It's Mira, I'm sure she could help me out here.

"What brings you here Natsu, here to see Lisanna?"

"I would like to see Lisanna as well, but that's not the real reason I'm here... I'm actually here because I wanted to talk to Erza Scarlet about something..."

"Oh? You know Erza? I could bring you to where she is."

"That be perfect."

"But, Ms. Mira... isn't Erza extremely busy with that project right now?"

"Yes, she is. But I think she needs a small break, you know how stressful this is for her to be working while one of her best friends is missing..."

Oh, yeah... I probably should tell them what happened, and apologize too.

"If that's what you think... I'm sorry sir, I didn't know you knew Ms. Mira." The lady says standing up and bowing slightly as a way to apologize.

"Uh.. it's fine, you were just thinking of the company.. it's cool..."

"Alright Natsu, lets go. You said you were here to see Erza, but also Lisanna as well? I'll take you to where Erza works since you know where Lisanna works, right?"

"Yep, I'm pretty sure I know where Lisanna is."

"Ok, follow me."

Mira then lead me through the giant building, going past rows of people working on different pieces of clothing, as others rush to get different materials like fabrics and thread. We continue to go pass people working hard on whatever they're working on, until we stop at someone's work area.

"Excuse me, Erza." Mira calls out towards the red head sewing together some black fabrics. A wave of guilt rushed over me, and made me look away from her. At the same time the brunette with glasses stationed next to her looked up at me with a curious expression on her face, before continuing her work on the purple piece of clothing she was creating

"Oh, Mira, hello. Did you need something?" She has what seems like a very clear voice, but right now it's sort of shaky and almost distant. It's understandable though...

"Well, this is Natsu, he's a good friend of Lisanna's. He said he had something he wanted to talk to you about.

"Are you sure I can stop working on this, we're super busy right now and-"

"Erza, it's fine," she opens her mouth again like she has going to say something, but then closes it again, slightly nodding at Mira before standing up.

"We can talk in me and Evergreen's office so we don't bother her talking out here..." Erza says walking through the door behind their desk. Evergreen... that name sounds familiar... isn't that the name of Elfman's girlfriend? "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Oh, well.. umm.." I didn't think of what to say when I actually started talking to her, oh god. "Um... I'm a friend of Lucy's- no that's not true..."

Hearing Lucy's name, Erza instantly seems more interested in what I have to say. "Do you know anything about where she is, if you do please tell me!"

"Well... I do."

"You do? Oh my god- Please you have to tell me, she's been missing for a week and we miss her so much." She says as a few tears fall down her cheeks.

"I probably should explain the whole story... you'll probably hate me once I do though."

"Story? Hate you? What are you talking about?" She questions, very confused.

A let out a long sigh, preparing to tell her everything. "... so, this guy, I'm not sure who exactly he is, but he kidnapped my family. He was threatening to kill them unless I..." I pause for a moment, looking at Ezra's face before continuing. "Unless I brought him Lucy. Which.. I did... he only took her this morning, she had at my house for the rest of the time-"

"You..." I hear her whisper out in a threatening tone.

"I regret it so much, I don't know why she did it, but she even let herself get taking by them to save my family! I regret doing it so much!" I'm not sure why, but I starting crying right then too. "I'm so sorry... I don't expect you to forgive me, but I'll do anything to bring her back."

Erza takes a few steps towards me. "First..." She says before punching me in the stomach. "I'm going to do that for taking my friend. Second, I'm going to say that I do hate you, I don't plan on change that."

"I understand..."

"I don't plan on changing that, unless you bring her back."

"Huh- wait what?"

"You said you'd do anything to bring her back, right? If you get her back, I'll forgive you." She says looking at me with a soft expression and teary eyes. "Do you have any ideas as to who could have taken her?"

"I- oh yeah, I think it could be related to her family... do you know anything even closely related to that?"

"Her family? ... Her mom is... well she's no longer in this world... and her dad is... anyways, she ran away from him a few years ago." Clearly Erza didn't want to mention anything to personal to Lucy because she's not sure if Lucy would be fine with that. "If it was her dad trying to bring her back, I suppose I could tell you where their house is..."

"Any sort of information would be great." I need to get her back! Any ideas I can get will be helpful to find her.

Erza writes something on a piece of paper and then hands it to me. That reminds me... the letter from Lucy!

"Before I leave... I have something for you as well..." I pull out the letter addressed to her and hand it to her.

"What is it?"

"I'll let you find out for yourself," Something's telling me to let her find out it's from Lucy on her own.

"Ok, thank- actually no, I'll thank you once you bring Lucy back. If you don't bring find her and get her back, know there's going to be three people who will never forgive you for this."

"Four people." After saying that, she looks over at me confused. "I'll never forgive myself if I don't make this right."

Erza smiles slightly, "Well, good luck then, Natsu."

——
I ' M N O T D E A D !

No but I'm actually really sorry for not updating this book in so long...I'll try to finish the next chapter really quickly!

Thank you to everyone who's read this book and supported it!

I love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺