Chapter 15

🔑Lucy's POV🔑

After looking around the house a bit more, I ended up making some food for when Natsu gets home. It's nothing compared to Natsu's cooking, but I hope he'll still like it.

When I was looking at the living room I saw a shelf with some books, so I think I'll read a book while I wait for him to come back home. There's not a ton of books, but he does have some of the books I really like and some I haven't heard of before.

I grab a random book, sit  down on couch, and start reading.

I had gotten through around a chapter and a half before I heard the door open and a loud sigh.

"Hey, Natsu. How was work?"

Natsu looks startled for a second before turning around to see me sitting on the couch with my arms over the back.

"L-Lucy? What're you-"

"You left the door to my room unlocked. So, how was work?" As I ask the question again I realize that it kind of sounds like some a girlfriend would ask, not just someone who was kidnapped. When that thought appears in my head, I can feel my face start to heat up.

"Oh- eh it was alright... it smells good in here..."
"Oh yeah! I made food... it's probably not as good as your cooking, but I tried!"

"Really? Well I'm sure if you made it, it will taste great..."

"E-eh?! Probably not..." My face seems to get even hotter when he says that. What is he doing to me?

I stand up from the couch and head into the kitchen grabbing the two plates of food. Natsu follows behind me as I go into the dining room.

"You always make it look so nice when you make food... How do you make food look cute?"

"It's not that cute. Besides it's fun!"

"Whatever you say..." Natsu chuckles, sitting down in front of where I set his plate.

We both start eating, talking a little bit about different things.

"Hey... if I left the door unlocked... why didn't you just leave...?" Natsu asked, looking up at me.

I stare at him for a few seconds before opening my mouth slightly, and then closing it again. To be honest, I don't really know either. "I guess it's because I want to save your family... I want you to be happy..."

"Me? But why?"

"I-I'm not sure." I pause for a second, deciding if I should say what I want to say. I guess there no harm in saying it... "it's just...when I see you smile...I want you to keep smiling..."

I look up at his face for a second, before looking back down at my food, missing the light pink that dusted over his face.

"O-oh..."

After that it was silent for the rest of the time we were eating.

Once I had finished, I silently stood up and walked into the kitchen to clean up my dishes. Natsu came in a minute or two later after he had finished his food.

"Well, uh, what do we do now?"

"Want to watch TV or something?

"Sure."

We both sat down on the couch in his living room and Natsu turned on the TV.

After a minute or two, we  found a animated movie called A Silent Voice, and decided to watch it. (A Silent Voice is a great anime so go watch it ^^) It was a super cute movie...

We had watched it until it had finished and another movie ended up coming on after. Since we had nothing better to do, we ended up watching that one too.

We were about halfway through the movie when I started getting pretty tired, I let out a yawn and let my head fall onto Natsu's shoulder.

I close my eyes and just lay there with my head on his shoulder before I fall asleep.

"Lucy? ... Did she fall asleep?"

Natsu pokes my cheek, checking to see if I had fallen asleep. He grabs the remote, turning off the TV, before turning his head back towards me.

"Well then..." Wrapping an arm around me, Natsu pulled me a little bit closer to him. He then rest his head on top of mine, letting out a soft sigh. "She smells nice..."

In my sleep, I slide a closer to Natsu, resulting in one of my arms wrapping around him. Natsu lifts his head up for a second, looking at my face, before gently resting it back on the top of my head. He lets out another content sigh, closing his eyes with a small smile on his face.

"Why's she so cute...?"

——
I've had such bad writers block the past week so it's been kind of hard to write this, which is why this chapter is so short, but I really wanted to post a new chapter soon, so here it is...

By the way, Lucy is asleep at the end of the chapter. Just wanted to mention that because I wasn't sure if I had made it  clear that she had fallen asleep.

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺