Chapter 10

🔥Natsu's POV🔥

It was Monday around lunchtime, and me and Lucy were cooking in my kitchen. This is the fourth day Lucy has been at my house... only three or four more days until they'll take her...

I still feel really guilty but.. I won't just let them die.

Anyways..

I had gotten off work early today so I had gone to check on Lucy once I got back, and I was going to just go make lunch after I had checked on her.. but she was practically begging me to let her help me cook, so I let her come help.

It was kind of nice being able to talk to someone..

"And.. done!" Lucy proudly exclaims as she finished putting everything on a plate.

"You didn't have to make it look so fancy, I mean it looks nice but that doesn't really matter.."

"Well, you made it taste good, so I'm going to make it look good! Well actually, it already looks nice.. but I just made it look a little better."

"Alright.. whatever you say..." I trail off picking up one plate as she picks up the other.

We walk under the small archway and into the dining room. We both place our plates down and she sits down, by before I did I felt my phone buzz in my pocket so I took it out to check the notifications I got.

Eh.. it's just a text from Gajeel.. I'll check it later.

I sit down to the left of Lucy and place my phone to the right of my plate.

We both ate in complete silence and once she was finished Lucy stood up. Her hand moved towards her plate so I assumed she was going to take it to the kitchen, but as quick as lighting her hand moved where it was going and she grabbed my phone and ran out towards the living room.

I start panicking and run after her, I was a faster runner than she was so I had almost caught her when she noticed I was right behind her. Once she had noticed,  she ran into the bathroom slamming the door behind her.

"Dammit!" I say running straight into the door. I try to open the door but sure enough, it's locked.

She's probably going to text one of her friends or call the police or something..

I know I have a key somewhere but I'm not exactly sure where. Luckily there's no window in there so if she can't figure out my password soon then I might have a chance to find the key before she tells anyone where she is.

This first place I decided to check is the small box that has the key to the room Lucy's staying in, I don't think it's there but that's the most likely place I can think of right now.

I run up the stairs and check the little box I sometimes keep keys. No.. it's not in here..

I check inside my room in every drawer and cabinet there is.

After finding nothing I rush back down the stairs, almost tripping down them in the process. I look at the bathroom door for a second, hoping she hasn't figured out my password, before continuing my search for the key.

I start to panic more and more as I can't find the key.

I've been checking every drawer and cabinet  and I've still found nothing! It's been around seventeen minutes at this point.

The next place I checked was under the couch and chair cushions. Finding nothing there I check back in the cabinets and draws in the living room.

Glancing over every corner of each drawer, as I was checking the bottom drawer, I see a small key. I quickly pull it out of the drawer. I stare at the key for a few seconds, which I probably shouldn't have, before running over to the door.

As I'm about to insert the key into the lock, the door opens.

Lucy walks out holding my phone with a sad, almost guilty, expression. She places my phone in my hand before walking straight upstairs.

After she had disappeared out of sight I couldn't stop one thought from running  through my head.
It's all over, I'm never seeing them ever again...

———
Sorry for the short chapter, but I've already written the next one so  it'll probably be posted later today or tomorrow!

I  hope you guys are enjoying reading this book just as much as I'm enjoying writing it!

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺