Chapter 29

🔑Lucy's POV🔑

Once the door had closed, everything was silent. For a minute or two, the silence remained, before the woman who looked just like my mother slowly approached me. "You've grown so much, Lucy."

I wiped the tears off of my face before saying, in as brave of a voice as I could muster, "I don't understand, you look just like my mom...but she died years ago."

"I know how shocking this must be for you... why don't you sit down, dear?"

She even sounds just like my mom... I go along with what she said and sat down on the plush sofa across from the one my dad was sitting on. The woman sat next to my dad. How is dad not acting surprised like I am? "I've already told Jude everything, and now I'll tell you. I would have told you at the same time, but I wasn't sure if I would be able to get you since Jude had you locked inside your room." Dad glanced up at me, with an almost guilty look on his face.

"Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude, but can you please just tell me if you actually are my mom?" I can't stand it, seeing someone who looks exactly like her, but knowing it's almost impossible for it to actually be her.

She smiles a soft smile at me, it was moms smile. "Yes. Yes I am."

The tears I tried so hard to hide began to flow even though I tried to stop myself. "H-How...? Why?"

"Don't worry, I'll tell you everything." She pauses for a moment, probably to think of the best way to say whatever she was going to say. And then she started to explain everything, "Years ago I was pregnant with your sister, this you already know of course. I had a miscarriage and was so upset with myself, and I knew you and your father would be upset and disappointed too. I couldn't bear to think of how you thought of how you both would think of me and my failure."

"It wasn't your fault!"

"Yes, I know. But I couldn't stop blaming myself. So, I ended up writing a suicide note and I planned to jump off the roof of our house...but I just couldn't do it, I guess part of me still wanted to live. I was still so scared that you two secretly hating me for losing our daughter, and your sister. So, I put I left the note behind and ran away. The only people I told of my plan was Capricorn and Virgo. Originally, I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I wanted to know if you were okay; so, I asked them to update me on how everyone here was. It was a selfish thing to do, I know, but I did it anyways. Slowly, I started to realize how big of a mistake I made leaving you both behind, thinking I was dead. That's why I decided to come back."

The room stayed silent for a minute before I got up and walked over in front of my mother. She stood up and opened her arms up, immediately I crashed into her arms, tightly wrapping my arms around her. For a while we stayed just like that. At some point, dad joined the hug too.

I don't like the choice that mom made to leave me and dad behind, but right now I'm just so glad she's alive. I also don't like who my dad changed to be after mom left, but now that she's back I'm sure he'll come to realize his mistake. I know he'll go back to being the good dad I once knew him to be.

"Mom, I never got to say it before, but I'm sorry for not being there the day you left. I've regretted not being their almost every single day since it happened."

"Don't blame yourself for my decision. I was the one who made the mistake, not you. I'm the one who should apologize, Lucy." Mom says, pulling herself back slighting, cupping my face in her hands. "Now, I believe you have friends waiting out there for you. You should go back to them."

"But-"

"Shh... It's fine, this time I won't leave. I won't ever leave again. When I saw you with those people, you looked so happy, happier than I've seen you in so long. Please, go spend more time with them, because I think that's where you're happiest."