Chapter 11

🔑Lucy's POV🔑

-An hour earlier-

Natsu and I were eating after we had made some food; while we were eating, his cat, Happy, was laying at my feet.

Natsu had gotten a text or something before he had sat down and he had set his phone on the table.

This is perfect! I'll be able to text my friends and get out of here!

For the entire time we were eating I didn't say a word, I was trying to think of different possibilities of what his phones password could be.

My plan so far is, once I'm done eating I'll stand up and act like I'm about to grab my plate, but I'll actually grab his phone. I'll run upstairs into the room I'm staying in and lock the door and then hide in the small closet in the bathroom. I know he has a key to the room but there's not keyhole on the one to the bathroom so if I go in there he won't be able to unlock it after I've locked it.

The hardest part is his phone lock.. I only have a certain amount of chances before it'll temporarily disable itself, and the time will keep getting longer the more times I get it wrong.

Natsu looks over at me, making me realize I've just been staring at my food. I give him a small smile and quickly finish eating.

Here goes nothing..

I push my chair back and stand up, I take in a deep breath before reaching forward with my left hand towards my plate, quickly moving my hand to grab his phone.

Then, I run. I run as fast as I can.

I hear his chair screech out as he pushes it back.

It's ok, Lucy, you'll be fine..

Only when he had almost grabbed my arm did I realize how close he was behind me.

I don't think I'll be able to make it upstairs fast enough!!

I see the bathroom and dart in there, slamming the door behind me and locking it.

He crashes into the door and tries to open it. I- I did it! The bathroom does have a door that can be unlocked with a key, unlike the one in my room, so I have to be quick.

I turn on his phone trying a few different combinations. His phone has a five number lock, which I wasn't expecting so this is going to be a little harder than I thought.

62878? Nope.

52987? Nope.

76483? Nope.

78464? Nope.

26272? Nope.

42533? Nope... and his phone is disabled for a minute..

I sit in silence for a moment, staring at the door, not hearing any noise from outside the door either. I guess he doesn't know where the key to this bathroom is..

I look back at his phone and see it's been a minute.

93639? Nope.. and it's disabled for another five minutes..

At this rate he's going to find the key before I figure out his password.. I wonder what'll happen if I'm not able to message anyone before he gets in.

No! I can't think like that or I'll never escape this place! I press my ear against the door, making sure I don't hear him anywhere close to the door.

When I hear nothing I sigh in relief. I check his phone again and five minutes had passed.

Ok, I don't have many more chances before I'm permanently locked out.. I got to get this one right!

42779? No! It's disabled for fifteen minutes this time!

If I don't get the next one right he'll definitely find the key before I figure out his password!

As time ticks by, I start panicking more and more. I checked how much time was left a few times, which only seemed to slow down the time.

One time when I was checking the time I decided to look at his background to pass some time.

It was a picture of what looked like him, a slightly older boy with dark hair, and a man with red hair.

I wonder who these people are?

As I was staring at the picture I hear a frustrated groan from outside.

I hear a few drawers open and close.

Crap! There's still one more minute until it's disabled!!

I keep looking towards the door and back to his phone.

After what seemed like 10 minutes I'm able to try again at entering the password.

Alright. This is probably the last chance I'll get!

Ok..

93733...?

It worked! It actually worked!!

I go to his messages app and start entering in Levy's number, I start typing a message to her when a text comes to Natsu's phone.

I was going to just ignore it but it caught my attention and I felt the need to read it..

J- You better have Lucy by the time I come back, or I won't hesitate to kill them.

What?

Is this the guy he kidnapped me for?

...

I.. don't want to have to stay with this guy but..

I don't want to let someone else die for me.. even if I have no idea who they are..

Me- I have her. Just please don't hurt them.

I may have no idea who Natsu really is, or who this guy is threatening to kill but...

... I won't let anyone else get hurt because of me.

———
This chapter was a lot of fun to write, so I hope you like it!

Also, bonus points to anyone who can figure out the reason for the number combinations I chose for Lucy to try, lol.

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺