Chapter 16

🔑Lucy's POV🔑

I woke up laying against the comfiest and warmest pillow I've ever felt. I snuggle closer to the pillow, wrapping my arms around it.

"So warm," I sleepily mumble out softly, smiling against the pillow.

Continuing to lay against the warm pillow with my eyes closed, I almost slip back into the world of dreams. Right before I can fall back asleep, my pillow moves a little and softly groans out.

"Stop moving..." Surprisingly, the pillow complies with my request, stilling itself. "Thanks, pillow...."

"... Pillow...?"

"... You can talk?" I question after hearing the familiar sounding voice that came from the pillow. I lift my head up off the warm pillow, rubbing my eyes a little. When I open my eyes back up, everything was slightly blurry for a second before it came back into focus. "... Pillo- NATSU!?"

When I see Natsu's familiar pink locks of hair and onyx eyes, I practically jump off of him.

"W-w-why were we-?!?"

"Geez, don't have to yell..." Natsu let's out a long yawn. "You fell asleep while we were watching the movie and I couldn't be bothered to move you."

"I..did?" That's almost a little embarrassing... but something about having slept next to -er... on top of- him doesn't sound too bad...

"Yep... I'm hungry." Natsu yawns as he stretches up on the couch. "I'm gonna go make some food, wanna help?"

"Sure!"

Natsu and I make breakfast for ourselves, talking about a few things here and there as we cook. After we finished cooking we sat down to eat.

The rest of the morning is quiet and peaceful with nothing really happening, I decided to continuing reading the book I was reading when Natsu got home last night.

Hours had passed by this point with nothing very memorable happening.

I close my book, letting out a small sigh. Natsu told me he had work in an hour, his shift times at his job are very random... maybe he's just a part-timer at the restaurant.

Natsu had gone upstairs to get ready, and after a few minutes I decided to go upstairs as well.

As I'm passing the door to his room I hear something.

"It's just not fair... why does he have to take her away, too?" Huh? Who's he talking about?

I shouldn't listen in on whatever he's talking about... I'm just going to go to my room...

"Lucy, I'm leaving now," Natsu says as he opens my door a little. It had been about 30 minutes since I had gone upstairs.

"Alright, I'll see you when you get back then."

Natsu slightly nods his head, says bye, and leaves.

I fall back on my bed, sighing softly. "What do I do now?"

I lay there for a while thinking of what I should do. Coming up with no ideas, I just keeping laying there, staring at the ceiling.

Just I'm about to get up to try to do something, like write, I hear the ring or the door bell. I quickly walk downstairs to answer it, but then I realize maybe it's better if I don't answer it.

What if it's the guy coming to get me? I still have something I need to do first!

Well if I don't answer and it is him... it could make it harder on Natsu. I have to answer it! Even if it means I won't get to say goodbye...