Chapter 12

🔑Lucy's POV🔑

What if those people still get hurt even though I told that guy that Natsu has me?

What if what I said wasn't good enough?

What if they've already gotten hurt because of me?

What if this guy ends up killing them anyways?

Lucy.

It's all my fault!

Lucy..

Everything that whoever those people have to go through is all because of me!

If I-

Lucy.

If I never existed they wouldn't be hurt right now!

'Lucy...!'

It's all my fault that they're hurt and are being threatened to be killed!

"Lucy!"

It's all my fault!

"LUCY!"

My head snaps up from on top of my knees up towards a blurry face.

"It's all my fault."

"What are you talking about? What's your fault??" I voice rings out as my head falls back down.

"They.. got hurt... because of me..."

".. I'm not sure what happened,  but it's not your fault. You're wonderful so don't doubt yourself..." that's... that's something Mom would always say to me... whenever I messed up..

"M-mom.." I feel a warmth cover over me as  someone pulls me into a hug. "Mom, I miss you.."

The voice stays silent, keeping me in tight embrace.

I feel a few tears slide down my face as memories of my mom flood my thoughts.

"Tell me, what happened?"

"They... might get... killed... because of... me..." I choke out there a few quiet sobs. "It's.. all my fault!"

"Who are these people you're talking about?"

"I'm- I'm not sure...! But I- someone threaten to kill them... because of me!"

A small gasp is heard before the voice softly rings out again.

"Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be fine. No ones going to die. Just get some rest and try not to think about it."

"Ok..." I look up at the figure out the person but everything is still blurry.

I fall back on the bed landing on a soft pillow. My eyes flutter close as a drift into a deep slumber.

"Good night.."

🔥Natsu's POV🔥

I quietly shut the door behind me, as to not wake her up.

A few hours had passed since Lucy had gone back up to the room. I was panicking for those hours waiting for someone to show up, but no one ever did. I thought for sure within thirty minutes her friends and probably the police would be here.

After hearing what she said though.. I wonder...?

I thought about this a little after she had first left the bathroom but... wouldn't she have kept my phone since she doesn't exactly know where she's at anyways? Maybe she had just given up out trying to figure out my password? There was a lot of things that confused me as to why she gave it back, but I think I might have a small clue now.

I pull out my phone clicking on messages.

The most recent one is to J... I haven't text him recently at all.. I knew it.

I click on the conversation with him.

J- You better have Lucy by the time I come back, or I won't hesitate to kill them.

Me- I have her. Just please don't hurt them.

She.. she sacrificed herself to save people she doesn't even know...?!? Why would she do that? I'm grateful for that.. but why? I really don't understand her.

When I was in there she mentioned her mom and said she missed her, is her mom dead..? Oh well.. it's not like I care.. that much...

I want to talk to her more and find out what she was talking about with her mom, and why she choose to save people she doesn't even know..

...

I probably should leave her alone for now though...

———
I don't really like how this chapter ended but oh well..

I hope these chapters aren't too short lol

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺