Chapter 25

🔷Unknown's POV🔷

I entered in through the giant wooden doors, facing some familiar and some not so familiar faces. All of their faces held shock as they saw me, which was expected.

As much as I would love to talk to some of the maids and guards here, I don't have any time for that. I have a goal in coming here, I will make sure that goal is accomplished. And so I beginning forward towards the grand staircase directly in front of the door.

I glanced at all many faces in the hall and smiled at anyone who I made eye contact with; they all returned the gesture with a simple bow.

No matter how many different maids or guards I saw, I could tell they all had the same thought running through their minds, 'how are they even here? That shouldn't be possible.'

🔥Natsu's POV🔥

This is karma at its finest.

I was sitting in a dark room, with a single window, and my arms tied behind my back; pretty much exactly as I had Lucy when I first kidnapped her. I guess I kinda do deserve this...

Even if I die here, as long as Lucy escapes, I'll be happy.

Hmm... I wonder if there's any way I could pick the lock on the handcuffs... Might as well try.

I begin to look around at the floor in front and around me. Nothing useful, well nothing really at all. I tried to look behind me, but the pole blocked some part of my range of sight, so I decided to feel around the floor as good as I could with my hands.

My attempts were all pointless though as I found nothing but a few tiny specs of dirt or rock. I leaned my head on the pole behind me, continuing to hope that Happy found a way to rescue Lucy. As much as I tried to stop thinking about not being able to get her out of here, those thoughts still seeped into my mind.

Having nothing better to do, I glanced all around the dull, gray colored room, taking in every detail possible. The floor was a light gray, concrete floor, the walls were a darker gray paint, and the ceiling was about the same as the floor. The door was a medium sized metal door, also gray...

I could hear the faint sound of footsteps walking around outside of the door amongst hushed whispers of guards. I tried to understand what they were saying, but to no avail, any word said was muffled and blurred by the door.

As I sat there, time continued to waste away. It felt like I was trapped there forever, but in reality, is was probably only around thirty minutes. My sense of time was messed up with my boredom and worry.

What to do? Just sit here and do nothing? Ehh... that's so unlike me. I gotta do something to get outta here. I wonder if I could somehow break the handcuffs? ... There's no reason not to try, so why not!

I leaned my chest forward before roughly yanking my arms forward so the handcuffs chain would hit against the pole. As they came in contact with the pole, a load clanging noise echoed around the room from the metal hitting against metal. Nothing happened though, my hands were still stuck behind the pole.

Well one failed attempt isn't enough to make me give up! I'll just try again, it's better than just sitting here stuck in a room laced with boredom.

When I went to slam the chains against the pole, I heard talking directly outside the door and stopped my action as to not cause suspicion. I wait for the talking to cease or to hear them walking away for what felt like an eternity, before I finally heard the voices slow trail off into nothing as they walked away.

Let's try this again... The moment the chains came into contact with the pole, it felt as though the impact of the metals clashing had vibrated up my arms from where the handcuffs encircled my wrist; but still, the chain didn't break.

I wonder if it's close to breaking at all... Might as well try again and find out!

That same cycle continued many more times, until my arms had gotten tired from the constant pulling when I yanked them forward so the chain on the handcuffs would hit the pole.

Maybe I should just give up... If these dumb chains were gonna break, they would've broken by now. It might not even be possible to break them at all. Well maybe if you had metal cutters they would break, but I don't have any tools here. All I got is me, my scarf, my clothes, my...uhm what else do I have? I guess that's about all I have!

There's no way I'll be able to break the chains and escape, no matter how hard I try. I should have known that from the start... so why did I even try?

...

Ugh, what am I even thinking?! I know I can't give up that easily! I can't stop trying until I succeed! Lucy's waiting for me... I think... Even if she's not, I'm still her to save her, so I'm not giving up until I do that!

Once again, I leaned my chest forward with my arms stretched out behind me. I took in a deep breath before quickly and harshly yanking my arms forward, close to my chest. Every time the two metals came into contact, I expected to fall forward towards the floor, but the chain connecting the handcuffs always acted as a blocker that kept me from falling, and this time was no different.

Well, I'll just try again then. Some dumb metal can't defeat me!!

Obviously, I wasn't gonna give up from only one more failed attempt, so I tried again...Nothing happened that time either... but I can still try again!!

Although my arms really do hurt, maybe one more try and then I'll rest for a few minutes... Maybe two more tries, I gotta good feeling about these next two attempts.

One of them has to break the chain!

Alright, I got this!

Just as I had already done many times, I moved forward a bit, and then pulled my arms as hard as I could towards me so the chain would hit the pole.

As the loud rattle reverberated around the room once more as I made one of my final attempts, for now, at breaking the chains that kept me bond to the pole, I heard a soft creak coming from directly in front of me. The metal door, leading towards my only escape from this cell, had opened. What was awaiting me beyond that door, I wasn't sure.

However, what I did know, is that the chains tying me to the pole behind me still hadn't broken.

———
Haven't had many ideas for this part of the story, so updates have been pretty slow, but I think I'm finally starting to get to a place where I'll have more inspiration and motivation to write this story. Although, school has started for me, so I'm not sure if that will affect how long updates will take.

Hopefully more updates will be soon? I guess we'll find out ^^

Love you all! ~💕
🌺Mari🌺