Chapter 22

🔹Unknown's POV🔹

"His family has been freed and I don't believe he is threatening them anymore."

"That's good..." At least that boy's family is safe. "I wish I could go back in time..."

"That would be very nice if we could, but unfortunately there's no way to go back in time to fix this, the only way to change anything now is in the present."

"You're right, yes... I need to do something about this. Please find out which room she is in and prepare for me to travel there."

"Of course, I'll do that right away."

🔥Natsu's POV🔥

The last place I need to go is to that bookstore that Lucy and her other friend, Levy, work at. Well, after facing Erza and Juvia, whatever threats this last girl throws at me will be practically nothing. There's no way someone so small could be scary.

Ok, Natsu, just take a deep breath and then walk into the store. Nothing bad is going to happen.

I gently push open the door and walk into the store as the bell above the door chimes. The blue-haired girl sitting at the front desk looks up at me with a sad smile while the guy- wait that's Gajeel- continues to look down at whatever they were doing.

Why is Gajeel here? I was fine telling her because she's small and not at all threatening but Gajeel?? Does he know her? Is he helping her? I mean it's not like I'm scared of Gajeel or anything, if me and Gajeel fought I would win, so I'm not scared of him. Just want to know why he's here is all.

After one more deep breath I start walking over towards the front desk the two were situated at. I can do this. She's the last one I need to talk to, and then I can go look for Lucy.

"He-hello..." I slowly call out to the small bluenette looking at what appears to be a paper with notes or something on it with Gajeel. Wait... Gajeel can actually read?

"Oh, hello. Do you need help looking for something?"  She answers back in a gentle voice.

"Yeah, well actually... you see I-"
"Just say whatever yer gonna say, Salamander! Can't ya see we're tryna work on somethin' here?

"Shaddup, Gajeel!"

"You two know each other?" Levy asked us, stopping our arguing.

"Ya, I work with this idiot." Gajeel and I both blurt our at the same time.

"Don't talk over me, Salamander!"

"Wadda ya mean? I was talking first!"

"Are ya deaf? I was obviously talking first!"

"Um, sorry to interrupt you guys... but there's still another person in the store, and you're disturbing them..."

"Whoops, sorry.." I say after noticing the blue-haired guy staring over in our direction. "Oh right, I was trying to tell you something, and then someone interrupted me."

"You weren't talkin' fast enough! Now get to the point!"

"Ok... I'm fully prepared for you to hate me, I can't even blame you for that. I did something awful and I don't expect to be forgiven."

"Just say what yer gonna say, I already don't like ya, so whatever you say won't matter," Gajeel says, clearly frustrated with me trying to avoid saying it.

"I'm not talking to you! Ok fine, I'll just come right out and say it! I kidnapped Lucy!"

"Why would I hate you for tha-" Levy begins saying. "... YOU DID WHAT?"

She jumps out of her chair, with her palms on the front desk, leaning over it. "You're joking right? You have to be, no one would ever admit that they- no... I..." her voice slowly gets choked up as she takes in what I said, a few tears falling down her face.

"I... I wish I was joking."

"W-well if you kidnapped her, you can just bring her back, right? So.. where is she? Please... I miss her so much..." she leans her head as if to check to make sure Lucy wasn't right behind me.

"That's the problem..."

"What do you mean problem? Why can't you just bring her back!"

Seeing Lucy's best friend cry because of something I did really hurts... I may not have ever met this girl before but... knowing I caused this...
I see Gajeel place his hand on her back, which calmed her down a little bit. "You better start explaining, Salamander. Before I kill ya."

"Yeah... This guy, I'm not sure who he is exactly, but he kidnapped my dad, brother, and sister. He said he would kill them if I didn't get Lucy Heartfilia for him, so I did... just today he came to get her and return my family..." I quickly explain the situation to them. "I want to save her. I don't know how she did it, but she carved herself a special place in my heart the week that I knew her for."

Levy looks up, with tear-stained cheeks, "It was probably her dad."

"You think?"

"I don't know who else would." She pauses for a second, wiping the tears from her face. "Now listen, I'll tell you how to get to the Heartfilia mansion, but you better- no you HAVE to- save Lucy. You have to bring her back. If you've already told Erza and Juvia this, they've probably already said something similar to you, but I will hurt you if you don't bring her back."

"Yeah, they both did say something like that to me..."

"... Lucy is my best friend. Her dad- he's not a great person, well at least not since after Lucy's mom died... anyways, she's my best friend, and she ran away from that home because he's not a great person. If I find that she got hurt, even if it was only a scratch, while she was there... I- I'll kill you! ... that's a bit too extreme actually... Just make sure she's ok, alright! I might even forgive you if you bring her back unharmed."

She then carefully rips a piece of paper out of the notebook her and Gajeel were looking at when I first came in, and begins writing something on it.

"I know what kind of person she is, she probably wanted to with that guy after she found out the situation with your family, she doesn't like people hurting because of her... and I understand why you did what you did, so I hope you'll understand what I'm saying now. Lucy is my friend, my family. Just like you didn't want your family hurt, I don't want to see Lucy hurt either. So just bring her back okay!"

"I will. Oh, and this is from Lucy..." I say pulling the last remaining letter out and handing it over to the small bluenette in front of me.

She looks at the letter in her hands for a second, before picking up the piece of paper she wrote on and smacking it into my chest, "You better get going! We're all waiting here for her... so go, save her!

"Right! I'll be back before you know it... and with me, will be Lucy!"

I run towards the exit, passing by the blue-haired guy. I forgot that he was even here.. the bell above the door let's out a ring as I hurriedly push it open.

I look at the piece of paper Levy gave me. As I read her neat hand writing, I rush towards my house. I should have driven my car to begin with, then I wouldn't have to waste time to stop by home first.

After running the entire way home, I burst through the front door of the house. My entire family is sitting in the living room, but stand up when I enter.

"Good luck, Natsu!"

"Be safe!"

"I want to meet her, so bring her back, okay!?"

I smile back at them, and then go out into the garage and get into my car.

I'll be there soon, Lucy.

Hold on just a little longer...

——
A kind of short chapter, but it's been so long since I've lasted update (sorry about that, MAJOR writers block...) so I didn't want you guys to wait any longer.

Anyways, I hope you like it!

Love you all!~💙
🌺Mari🌺