Chapter 17

🔑Lucy's POV🔑

It was the morning of the next day. Spending time with Lisanna last night was a lot of fun... she's so sweet. I felt a bit guilty when she mentioned the thing about me being missing, but that's not her fault; she also quickly was able to think of something new to talk about... she probably sensed that the topic made me sad or something.

After she left I had fallen asleep in my room... I'm not sure when Natsu got back, but I was asleep by then.

Now, I was sitting at my desk with four pieces of paper laid out in front of me in a stack, while I held a pencil in my hand. I'm not sure how much time I have left, and this is something I have to do.

I begin to write different things on each sheet of paper, gently folding them as I finish writing. I keep them in a neat stack on the edge of the desk. I write one last thing on a note card and set that on top of the other papers.

"Phew... glad I did that, I was worried I wouldn't be able to before I'm gone," I mumble with relief flooding over me.

I then back in my chair before hearing a meow.

"Why are you meowing...? You can literally talk."

"Good point. Hey, Lushee?"

"Why did you say my name like that? Eh, whatever. What were you going to ask, cat?"

Happy chuckles a bit, leaving me a bit confused and almost slightly scared. Happy... he's a bit... well he's a blue, talking cat; I think that says enough about him. "Well I've noticed that you and Natsu are pretty close, even though you've known each other for only a week..." He lets out another evil sounding laugh, where's he going with this? "Do you... like him?~"

"Wha-" A blush covers my whole face. "What are you even saying, you fur ball?!"

"You like him~!"

"I do not!"

"Stop lying, Lushee~!! Natsu! Lucy likes-" my hand slaps over his mouth just before he says that last word.

"Dumb cat, shut up!"

After a minute, my hand slides off his face, and I grab him, waiting to make sure he's not going to say anything else, before I let him go.

"Natsu, Lucy's so mean to me!" Happy whines running over to Natsu who ha just entered the room.

"Lucy... you don't have to be so mean to him, he just a normal cat." Happy turns around a sticks his tongue out at him, which just makes me even madder at him.

"Argh- Huh? You're kidding me right? He's a normal cat?"

"Yeah, why would you think he's not?" He asks looking genuinely confused.

"Are you really that oblivious? No normal cats are BLUE and can TALK!"

"They can't? Well I guess you're just really special than, little buddy!"

"Aye, sir!"

I face palm my self at these two idiots. "Seriously, guys?"

🕛Time Skip🕛

I don't know if it's just because I don't know him well enough... but when Natsu's not talking too me he just seems sort of... empty? I'm not sure, he wasn't really like this until after I heard him say something like, "Why did he have to take her too," I wonder who he was talking about then...

"Natsu, are you okay?" I'll just ask him, and if he doesn't want to tell me he won't.

As if I had flicked a switch, he immediately went back to how he was before. "Ya, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know... You seem a bit off though."

"Ah it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Alright... if you say so..." I still don't just want to let it go like that, but if he doesn't want to talk about it, then what can I do?

It goes silent after that, and for a few seconds my eyes just scan over the room before landing on all the different pictures. As I quickly look over all of them I realize that there's this small, blue haired girl in two of them. How did I never notice her in them before?

Hmm... was she in any of the pictures in Natsu's room? Now that I think back to it, I think I might have remembered seeing her in some.

I wonder who she is. The pictures she's in seem to be pretty recent ones. In one it's Natsu, his brother, his dad, and her, oh and Happy and this white cat too. In the other it's Natsu holding happy, Natsu's brother, and her holding the white cat.

"Hey, Natsu?" I called out to him after walking over to where the pictures are placed.

"Yeah?"

"Who's this?" I asked him pointing towards the bluenette in the picture.

Natsu tenses up for a second, staring at the picture, before slowly relaxing again. "That's my little sister..."

"Wha-!? You have a little sister? You only ever mentioned your brother."

"Well, she's not really my sister, my family adopted her about two weeks ago... She lost her entire family when she was young. I always spent a lot of time with her at the orphanage and we just became like family, so we just ended up fully adopting her into our family."

"But that J guy never threatened you with killing her did he, you only ever mentioned your brother and dad," I don't understand why she wouldn't be here...

"He never did threaten to hurt her before."

"Then where is she now?" My question seems to have dejected Natsu, as he looks away from me.

He hesitates to answer my question, slightly opening and closing his mouth, before he answers it, making me feel more guilty than before.

"He took her yesterday."

——
I keep forgetting to add Happy, so here's a chapter with him! Also, Wendy, uwu

I also realized at the start of this book, Lucy and Natsu didn't really have their right personalities, so I'm trying to make them seem more like themselves! I guess them having different personalities would kind of relate to their situation... but I don't think they would be that different, so hopefully it'll be better now!

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺