Chapter 19

🔥Natsu's POV🔥

She's gone, she's really gone.

I always knew that he would come to take her eventually, but somehow this feels so unreal.

My family is finally back, but she's gone.

"Nii-chan... did that girl save us?"

My eyes widen at Wendy's question. "Yeah...yeah she did."

"Did you like her?"

"... I don't know, did I?"

"Well how am I supposed to know if you liked her... but if you did, aren't you going to save her?"

'I promise I'll save you.'

"Yes...!" I promised to her that I would save her, so I have to! I'm not going to be breaking this promise.

My entire family looks at me confused for a second, before my dad pulls all of us into a hug. "You'll save her son, I know you will. Just be careful, that guy is extremely powerful."

"Yeah, I know..."

"Natsu, who exactly is that girl anyway?" Zeref, my brother, asked me.

"Her name's Lucy Heartfilia."

"Wait... Lucy Heartfilia as in the daughter of the Heartfilia family who ran away a few years ago?" Huh? I didn't even think about that... is she really one of the Heartfilia's? How did I not realize this before? Layla Heartfilia had mysteriously disappeared, and most people just assumed she had died, and their daughter ran away three or four years ago...

"I guess so... I never really thought about it, I was too worried about getting you guys back."

"Well now that we're back... you can worry about getting her back!" Wendy says, giggling softly. I smile back at her. I love my family, they're all so supportive. I'm glad that they're back, now the last person I need is Lucy.

"I'm going to go think of how I'm going to save Lucy..."

"Alright, we believe in you Natsu, and I'm sure she does too!"

I think I'm going to go to the room Lucy was staying in, maybe if I'm in there I'll be able of something I can do... I'm not sure why being in there would change anything, but it just feels right.

I walk up the stairs and down the hall towards her room. I gently turn the knob on the door and walk into the pastel blue walled room. After looking around the room for a second, my eyes land on a few papers on the desk.

What are those? I walk over and pick up the paper on the top, carefully unfolding it.

To Natsu,

     This is a bit weird to write considering I haven't known you for very long, but I wanted to be able to say a few things to you, even if not directly. First thing is, I'm sorry for everything that's happened to your family. I can't shake the feeling of guilt about everything, but by the time you're reading this, they'll all be back, so that's good at least. Next, I wanted to tell you thank you. Even though you had just kidnapped me to bring your family back, and you really had no reason to be nice to me, you still moved me out of that awful room, gave me plenty of food, and even let me out of my room sometimes. I'm glad that out of everyone who could have kidnapped me, it was you; that probably sounds strange, right?

     You treated me as a friend, and for that I'm thankful. I wish we could have spent more time together, but as friends instead of people who both feel guilty for what's happened. I don't regret anything that happened in the time we spent together though, it was nice. I don't want to bore you with this letter, I just really want to say that I'm sorry and thank you.

     I'm not even sure when you'll see this, if at all; but if you do, could you tell Lisanna thank you for me? Tell her I said goodbye too, please. I didn't get to spend much time with her, but the time we did spend together was really nice, she's so sweet and it was nice to be able to talk to someone other than you and Happy (not that either of you are bad or anything...) Speaking of Happy, could you tell him bye for me also? It's a bit strange to be telling a talking, blue cat bye, but I'm really going to miss him too.

     The last person I want to say bye to in this letter is you, of course. Our time together was fun while it lasted, so goodbye, Natsu. I hope the rest of your life is filled with lots of joy; and hey, don't worry about me, okay? I'll be fine, I'm stronger than I look! Anyways, I think I've written enough now. but I have one last favor to ask of you. Could you give the rest of these letters to my friends? Their home addresses and the addresses of where they work are on the front. I just really want to say goodbye to them, sorry for the trouble. But anyways... Thanks for everything, Natsu, goodbye.

- Lucy

...How can she thank me after I kidnapped her? She wishes she could make more memories as friends with me? Well... I'll fix that, Lucy, I'll make sure we're able to make memories as friends, and those memories won't just be with you stuck in this house. I hope you know I don't regret any of our time spent together either.

And yeah, I'll tell Lisanna and Happy bye for you. I don't understand how you can tell me not to worry about you though...

I realized I was just staring at the letter she left and noticed that there were a few damp spots on the paper. At that moment I realized I was crying a little bit. Stop it, Natsu, she wouldn't want you to cry about her, besides, you're going to save her.

Okay, how am I going to save her? I try to think of ways, but nothing comes to mind. Thinking hurts. If I can just find out where she is, I'd just attack every person who stands in my way of saving Lucy, but that's the problem... I don't know where she is.

Dang... I wish I had just followed the car or put a tracker on Lucy. I know that sounds creepy, but it would make this whole situation a lot easier.

If this guy is the owner of Heartfilia co. then he definitely is someone powerful, like my dad said. Why would someone with that much power threaten someone like me, couldn't he literally just get his body guards to kidnap her? He probably could even get the police to get her!

But if he is... I can assume that Lucy is probably either at the company building or the Heartfilia mansion... Ha! I can just break in there and bring her back! You know that's a dumb idea, Natsu, you'll just get yourself caught and stuck in prison.

What? It almost sounded like it was Lucy saying that to me... I guess it is a dumb idea though. How am I supposed to save her if I get caught?

Ugh... This is so frustrating! I don't even know where to start! I look over the letter again really quickly, noticing a really small and quick looking doodle of her, Happy, and me. Cute.

Oh, that reminds me... the other letters...

I guess I should start with them...? The rest of the letters are for her friends... Maybe I could find out something from them?

Who am I kidding? Why would they tell the person who kidnapped their best friend anything? ... It doesn't hurt to ask though, right?

Eh, whatever... even if I don't ask, I'll make sure these letters get to her friends.

But they won't need them because...

...

I swear I'll bring you back!

——
I legit didn't write anything for almost two weeks, so I'm sorry. Anyways, here's the next chapter :3

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺