Chapter 8

🔑Lucy's POV🔑

"Your dad?"

"... yes.." I looked down, my bangs casting a shadow on my face.

"How could anyone be scared of their dad!"

Of  course he wouldn't understand.. and I don't want to talk about it.

"Truth or dare?"

"Huh? What no! Tell me why you're afraid of your dad first!"

"Truth or dare?"

He groans frustratedly. "Just tell me!"

"Truth or dare?"

"Stop asking! I'm not going to answer until you tell me why!" I could feel his eyes burning holes into my head, but I refuse to tell him.

He lets out a soft sigh before I feel him right in front of me.

His pointer finger hooks under my chin as he tilts my head up towards his; his onyx orbs staring into mine.

Wow, his eyes are really pretty..

His eyes search mine for a second, trying to find any emotion he can.

All he probably found was sadness, anger, and fear.

Out of nowhere, he pulls me towards him so I was half sitting on his lap, and wraps his arms around me.

"Sorry for asking."

"It's.. fine. But why are you hugging me?"

"Because I felt like it. Now let's get back to the game."

"Ok.. Truth or dare?" I'm a little confused but ok..

"Truth."

"Uhh.. have you ever had a girlfriend?" Not sure why I asked that, it was just the first thing that came to mind.

"Nope. Truth or dare?"

"Truth? I guess.."

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" I guess it was the first thing that came to his mind too.

"Yes.."

"Who?"

"Umm.. his name was Dan Straight. Why do you care?"

"Just wondering."

"Alright, truth or dare?"

"All we've been saying is truth so I'll do a dare."

"I dare you to stop hugging me," I don't really mind him hugging me, but I barely know him and he's hugging me for no reason.

"Huh? Oh, ok," It seems that he forgot he was even hugging me. After a second he detached his arms from around and I slide off his lap. "Truth or dare?"

"Since you did a dare I'll do one too."

He thinks for a minute, he probably didn't think I would choose dare so he had a truth ready, but not a dare.

"How about.. I dare you to.." he trails off. "Hmm... I dare you to sing me a song."

"What?"

"Sing me a song."

Ok. I will sing you a song, Natsu...

"Fine."

And so I sang him a song. A very beautiful song.

Called 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'.

"You seriously just sang that song?" He asked quite confused and dazed.

"Yes. Got a problem pinky?"

"It's a kids song!"

"You didn't specify what song I should sing, so I choose 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'!"

He still looked confused. "Ok... she's actually really good a singing." He whispered the last part so I couldn't hear it.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"How much longer are we going to play this game for?" After that one question I didn't really want to play as much anymore.

"We can stop now if you want?"

"Please."

"..."

"..."

"I'm hungry."
P
"What? You just ate an hour ago!"

"Yeah, but that was an hour ago."

He blinks at me a few times before sighing and standing up.

"Wanna cook with me?"

Hearing him say that my eyes sparkle a bit.

Yes! I might have a chance to escape!

"C'mon, let's go; and don't even try to escape."

Dammit! It's like he read my mind!

Oh well, it doesn't matter what he says, I'm still going to try to escape.

He unlocks the door and walks out, waiting for me to come out too. I step out into a hallway with cream colored walls and dark wooded floors.

He leads me to a set of stairs that go down towards a room, I'm assuming a living room. Directly in front of the staircase we went down, past the living room, was an archway that leads into the kitchen.

"Well, what do you want to eat?"

"Ooh, I want some kare raisu!"

(A/N: kare raisu is just rice with curry btw)

"Ok, that's pretty simple."

"Oh! Can we make some onigiri too!"

(A/N: Onigiri are rice balls, some filled with some kind of meat or vegetables and others are covered with seaweed. There's probably other stuff to serve them with too but this is just what I know about them)

Hehe, I wanna shape them to look likes cat faces!

"I guess we could make some onigiri too..."

"Yay~!"

I'm not sure how but the thought of trying to escape completely slipped out of my mind as we made the food; well, me watching him cook while he told me not to touch anything after I almost burned him.

I shaped the onigiri to look like cat faces, and decorated them the same way.

It reminded me of my birthday, when I was a lot younger, and how I made some onigiri for my dad, who ended up completely forgetting about my birthday.

Though as soon as I remembered that memory, it was gone again.

I don't know why..

But....

...  I'm happy around Natsu...

——
I'm thinking of making a Fairy Tail oneshots book, should I?

Also, I'm trying to come up with some ideas for the Jerza, Gale, and Gruvia versions of this book so once I have a few ideas I'll  be working on those a lot more and hopefully one will be posted soon!

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺