Chapter 14

🔑Lucy's POV🔑

"Save me?" I question looking towards him. "What do you mean, Natsu?"

"After that guy comes and gets you, I promise I'll bring you back."

"... It's fine if you don't... but I'll trust you on this."

Natsu smiles at me a holds out his pinky finger. "Here, I pinky promise I'll save you."

I giggle as I link my finger with his. "Then it's a promise, you better not break it."

"I'll try my absolute best not to."

Our fingers unlink as I place my hands on my lap.

I can't stop myself from smiling after Natsu promised he'd save me, I feel like I can trust him, even if I haven't known him for long.

Whenever I'm around him I get this strange feeling and I'm always happy too.

"I wish I could stay longer, but I have work today..."

"It's fine."

"Well, I'll be leaving then. See you when I get back, Lucy."

"Stay safe, Natsu. Bye!"

He smiles at me before exiting the room.

What is this feeling...?

Eh, that doesn't matter right now...

How many days left until that guy gets here? I have no idea. There're still a few things I want to do before he gets here.

I sit down for a few minutes, beginning to write something, when I realized I never remembered hearing the door lock. Before I always heard the lock click when he unlocked and locked the door.

Grabbing the handle of the doorknob, I try to turn it.

Woah, it's really unlocked?

It's not like I plan to run away... I guess I could explore a bit though. I've only really seen my room, the kitchen, the bathroom, and a little bit of the living room.

I walk out into the hallway and see the small table next to the door. I noticed it before, but I've always been kind of curious as to what's in the box on top of it.

Lifting the lid, I just see a few keys. Must be the keys to my room. I put the lid of the box down, turning to look down the hallway. There're three other doors down the hall.

I open the door closest to me and it leads into a bedroom with pastel orange walls. There's not much in it, other than some boxes, so I'm assuming it's probably another guest bedroom.

There're two more rooms that just look like normal bedrooms, there're a few pictures in both rooms, I don't want to seem too nosy, so I'll just ignore these rooms.

I close the door behind me and open the next one. Oh... It's the room I was in before Natsu moved me to the room I'm in now...

Well, onto the next room then...

The last door leads into a room that I'm assuming must be Natsu's.

The walls were painted red, and the sheets on the bed were and orange to white ombre.

Um... I probably shouldn't be in his room...

My eyes scan over his room really quickly, and right as I'm about to leave I catch sight of a few picture frames that were set down on his dresser. I walk over towards his dresser, looking at the three different frames.

That first one was a picture of a guy with red hair and two small kids, one with black hair, and the other with pink hair. This must be Natsu, his bother, and his dad. He was so cute when he was little! He's cute now too... Huh? Where did that thought come from...

I shake my head to clear that though before looking at the next one. I'm guessing this was taking a few years later, but it's a picture of the same three people. Maybe around the time Natsu was in middle school or early high school? He's cute here, too.

The last picture looks like it was taken quite recently. Maybe just a few days before they first got kidnapped and threatened... Natsu seems so happy in all the pictures... but currently he seems sort of empty...

I understand that feeling though... it's natural to feel empty or lost after you lose the people you care about... everyone feels that at some point in their life.

Well, hopefully soon after he gets them back he'll feel better.

I should probably leave his room now...

I carefully close the door behind me and start heading downstairs. I've already seen the kitchen and dining room, so I'll just look at what's in the living room.

There're the normal things like a coach and TV, but the stuff I haven't seen is the stuff on the table the TV is set on. It's a nice living room.

The pictures are just more pictures of the same three people, some with all of them, some with just one or two of them.

They seem like such a happy family...

Seeing all these pictures is making me miss my mom... well not just my mom, I miss the times when my whole family got along well together. I can still clearly remember how happy my parents looked when they told me I was going to have a younger sibling... but those days are gone now.

Sometimes you just have to accept what happened in the past, even if it makes you sad, and just move on. If you can't move past one obstacle, you'll never move on at all. I know it can be so hard to move on when it hurts so much... but sometimes you just have to, even if you don't want to.

My mom once said to me, "Forget what hurt you in the past, but never forget what it taught you."

Pain and mistakes teach you a lot of things, yes they hurt, but they're what help you grow...

... Whoops, I got so distracted thinking about my past that I forgot what I was even looking at.

All these pictures of Natsu are so cute... Agh, why do I keep thinking that... But really, all these pictures are really adorable...

I hope Natsu's able to find happiness again.

——
Sorry it took so long to write this chapter... I had small writers block, but hopefully I'll post more often now!

Also, this book is getting close to 1,000 reads and I just wanted to thank everyone who's taken time to read my book! 💕

Love you all! ~💙
🌺Mari🌺