CHAPTER FOUR

˚˚˚
CRABS & FEELINGS
( CHAPTER FOUR )
THERE'S THIS LOOK IN YOUR EYES THAT DRAWS ME INTO YOU.

˚˚˚

Winnie took a small sip of her green tea and went straight back to typing up her chapter with the sound of Say You Won't Let Go by James Author played through her headphones.

She wa so focused in writing she didn't notice a woman walk up to her table, she gasped softly and smiled as she took her headphones out.

"Sorry."

"You were so deep into your laptop, I was thinking I'd have to shut it to get your attention."

Winnie laughed softly as the woman did too and sat down across from Winnie with her coffee in her hands making Winnie shut her laptop.

"I'm Jade."

"Winnie."

"So either you're trying to bug me or you're new to Santa Monica."

"Pardon?"

Jade laughed. "That's my usual seat, everyone knows that."

"Ah, well it's all yours. I was just leaving."

"No stay, we can chat."

"No, I actually have to finish up this book."

Jade pursed her lips and nodded as she watched Winnie head out of the coffee shop and down the boardwalk with her laptop in her backpack and her phone in her hand.

As she walked, she looked at all the nice shops that she passed by making her do some window shopping to pass the time.

Winnie continued to walk until she stopped when she recognized the crab shack she had seen and the one Peter mentioned making her smile.

She walked across the street and headed over to the entrance and stepped inside and was hit with the sudden smell of seafood and seasoning.

Winnie walked all the way over to the bar near the kitchen doors and sat down onto the wooden stool just as the bartender walked up.

"What can I get for you?"

"I'm actually looking for someone."

"Hm, really? Twenty bucks and I'll talk."

"Twenty bucks? The guy works here."

The bartender shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not looking for him, you are.

Winnie huffed and pulled her wallet out of her backpack and pulled out a twenty dollar bill and slammed it down onto the counter making the bartender smirk as he picked it up.

"What's his name?"

"Peter."

"He's back there."

Winnie creased her eyebrows. "That's it? I want my money back!"

Just then the bartender was going to open his mouth to speak, the sound of the back door opening made them book look and reluctantly, Peter came out with a bucket of crabs.

"Winnie?"

"Hey, Pete."

"Hey. . .uh—"

"I was in the area." Winnie murmured softly as she walked over to Peter and fiddled with her fingers making him laugh softly.

"Well give me just a second."

Winnie nodded and watched Peter walk up the hill of the bar and drop off the bucket of crabs to a table full of men, he nodded and walked off and headed over to Winnie.