CHAPTER FIVE

˚˚˚
UNWANTED GUEST & QUESTIONS
( CHAPTER FIVE )
YOU MOCKED GOSSIP GIRL AS IF IT WAS A CANCELLED SHOW.❞

˚˚˚

"Oh that's just great."

"What?"

"We're out of almond milk." Justin breathed out as he shut the fridge back and played with the drawstrings of his smoke gray hoodie as Winnie walked into the kitchen.

"Well, come on."

"What?"

"We'll go to the store."

Justin rolled his eyes and huffed. "Why? So you can go into town and see Pete?"

Winnie creased her eyebrows and turned around to face Justin with a grin on her lips as Justin looked at her nonchalantly as if his comment wasn't offensive.

"Oh I see. . .you're jealous of Pete, huh?"

"For?"

"Hell if I know, he hasn't even asked me on a date." Winnie murmured softly as she bit her thumbnail and slowly leaned against the wall that leads her into the kitchen.

"Wait, he hasn't asked me and we haven't talked in like two days. . .do you think it's me?"

"What?"

Winnie huffed and sat down onto the chair in front of the kitchen island. "Is it me? Should I text him?"

"Winnie are you asking me for advice?"

"Damn, you're right, considering you and Iris—"

"Wait, what?"

"Aren't you and her. . .together or something?"

Justin laughed softly. "And by together you mean?"

"Two people that have occasional sex and barely have a decent conversation that doesn't involve talking about what position you'd try later on."

"Oh, Winnie, you're such a hoot. How I enjoy our morning conversations."

Winnie grinned and rested her chin in the palm of her hand as she watched Justin take a glass out of the cabinet and open the fridge in search of something to drink.

"You're right. . .I need a girls perspective of this, or. . ."

"Or?"

"I could just go see him—"

"God, Winnie, what's next? You're sending the guy postcards?"

Winnie rolled her eyes and shook her head as she got up from the chair and walked out of the kitchen leaving Justin to drink his orange juice in peace.

Meanwhile, Winnie had went upstairs to her room and grabbed her backpack and laptop and made her way down the staircase again and headed for the door.

Before she left, she heard the sound of Justin clearing his throat making her huff and pause with her palm rested on the doorknob. "What?"

"We need some more almond milk, babe."

"Don't call me that, fuckboy."

Justin fake gasped. "Winnie, don't you know? Only sticks and stones can break my bones!"

"Well in that case, I'll bring home that big rock I hit on the way into town."

Justin's smiled faded as a smile made its way to Winnie's lips as she opened the door and waved sweetly to Justin and headed out.