CHAPTER FOURTEEN

˚˚˚
NO MORE SECRETS
( CHAPTER FOURTEEN )
BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR HEART?

˚˚˚

As Winnie stood before Jade and Iris hyperventilating with tears coming down her cheeks, she realized that her and Peter may never ever be together — if only she didn't let her emotions cloud her judgements.

"Winnie, are you okay?"

"Yeah. . .yes, um. . .Iris, did you take the test?"

"Yeah, but I haven't checked it yet."

Winnie creased her eyebrows. "Why not?"

"Honest? I'm scared. . ."

"That sounds like a first."

Iris flared at Jade momentarily as Jade shrugged her shoulders as Iris shook her head and looked back over to Winnie.

"What if I'm pregnant?"

"Then you'll be a kick ass mother that you know you are?" Winnie murmured softly as she wiped her wet cheeks and heard Iris laugh softly making her laugh as well.

"Thanks, Winnie."

Winnie nodded and crossed her arms over her chest as she watched Iris slowly look down at the pregnancy test and let out a slow breath.

"I'm not pregnant."

To say a wave of relief had washed over everyone in the room was an understatement.

"I guess that's it. . .I'll see myself out."

Winnie pursed her lips and leaned off her bedroom door and let Iris pick up her things and make her way out of the bedroom as Winnie shut the door behind her.

Once she was gone, she sniffed and wiped under her eyes again as she heard the sound of footsteps making her turn around and see Jade. "What happened downstairs?"

"I messed up, Jade. . ."

"What do you mean?"

"Justin is playing a sick and twisted mind game. . .and it costs me a chance at a relationship with Peter."

Jade sighed softly and held Winnie in her arms. "I'm so sorry, Winnie."

"Why does everything bad happen to me, Jade?"

Jade didn't even know how to respond, but she felt an ache in her chest at the sound of Winnie's words. She huffed through her nostrils and held Winnie closer as Winnie started to cry again.

"How about I stay over, cool?"

"Y-Yeah. . ."

Jade smiled even though Winnie couldn't see it and rubbed Winnie's back before separating from the hug to take a look at Winnie and wipe away the tears.

"You're gonna be okay."

Winnie let out a shaky breath. "I hope so."

Jade gave a closed mouth smile and took Winnie's hands and guided her over to her bed as the two sat down and talked.

And that night they didn't just talk, it was more like a heart to heart session. They were telling each other what they needed to hear — more like Jade was telling Winnie what she needed to hear.

After talking until almost midnight, Jade and Winnie both fell asleep that night knowing everything was going to be okay in time.

˚˚˚