CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

˚˚˚
TITLES & RETURNS
( CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX )
I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU, EVEN WHEN WE GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS.

˚˚˚

Winnie woke up to the sound of her phone buzzing on the nightstand next to her bed, she sharply inhaled a breath and groaned as she rolled over to grab it.

Rubbing her tired eye, she looked at the caller ID and blinked a couple of times before cursing under her breath and clearing her throat as she pressed the green button.

"H-Hello?"

"Winnie! It's me, Sydney, so Mrs. Henderson is coming in this afternoon and she's ready for your manuscript."

"Yes. . .yes, I have it. . .," Winnie spoke as she cleared her throat again and quickly rolled out of bed and walked over to her laptop. "Can I fax it?"

"You don't have a hard copy?"

"Well. . .you see. . .I need to proofread over these chapters! And well. . .I don't really have a title. . ."

"You don't have a title?! Winnie this book is almost due! What the hell?!"

Winnie sighed softly. "I'm sorry. . ."

"Listen, I'll cut you some slack. . .I'll tell her the fax is taking a day or two, okay?"

Winnie let out a sigh of relief as she logged into her laptop. "Sydney, you're a lifesaver, I owe you."

"No problem, I'll text you later. Have that manuscript ready by Monday, Winnie."

"I will, I will."

And with that, Winnie hung up the phone and puffed out a breath as she looked at her current chapter seeing she was on chapter 30 — the last chapter.

As Willow felt her summer being drawn to an end, she felt herself being dragged into a crossroad with no way to turn. One way she could have everything she's ever wanted. But the other she could have another life she never had. Which way could she go?

Winnie cracked her knuckles and sat down while letting out a breath as she started to type again and let the creative words flow out of her mind and into the laptop to create her masterpiece of a novel.

As she did so, the sound of a knock at the door made her pause and look to at the door. "Come in."

The door opened slowly and in came Jade with a furry purple robe on and her curls in a messy bun.

"Good morning, you're up early."

"So are you. . .come to tell me breakfast is ready?"

Jade winked. "Winnie for the win."

"Well let me finish up in here and I'll be there."

Jade nodded and saluted Winnie as she left out of the bedroom and let Winnie get back to writing making her let out a shaky breath and pick her phone up to see it was 8:15.

Winnie hummed and went back to writing for what seemed like forever. To Winnie, writing was more than just putting words into paper, it was about expressing yourself through words when verbally they can't be spoken.

After a few minutes of writing, Winnie sharply inhaled a breath and stopped typing and shut her laptop and got up from her seat and walked out of her bedroom and into the kitchen.

Walking in, Winnie saw Jade and Peter helping each other fix their plates making her smile softly and pick up a plate from the edge of the kitchen counter.