CHAPTER FIFTEEN

˚˚˚
SOBER THOUGHTS
( CHAPTER FIFTEEN )
I BEG TO DIFFER, YOU'RE PRETTY AMAZING IN MY BOOK.

˚˚˚

"Justin, have you seen my rose gold watch?"

Iris looked around her room as Justin sat on the edge of her bed and watched a football game on her large flat screen and shook his head.

"Why do you need that one? Don't you have a wall of watches in your closet, baby?"

"Justin, that watch is important to me, it's my good luck charm."

Justin snickered. "I thought I was your good luck charm."

Iris rolled her eyes playfully and walked back over to her closet and past Justin, but before she could reach her closet, Justin pulled her by her waist and onto his lap.

"Justin, I don't have time for this! I have a meeting!"

"Hey. . .seriously, look at me, what's so important about that watch, huh?"

Iris pursed her lips and looked down at her lap as Justin creased his eyebrows and raised his hand up to her face and pushed her dark brown locks out of her face.

"It was my mother's. . .she gave it to me before she left for Paris. . .and never came back, she died in the plane taking her to Paris."

"Iris, you never told me."

"Guess you don't really know me, huh?"

Justin was about to speak, but he stopped when Iris jumped off Justin's lap and headed to her closet and searched for her watch again.

After a few seconds, she found it after it fell down from its spot on the wall, she sighed softly and slipped it on her wrist and headed out of her closet and walked over to the bed to grab her purse, phone, and keys.

Justin watched her head for the door of her bedroom and look back at him one last time. "You can let yourself out, Justin."

With that, Iris opened the door and made her way out of her bedroom and left Justin alone to the football game making him huff and turn the game off and hop up from the bed.

Taking his leather jacket off the back of Iris's couch, he headed out of her bedroom with his phone in his free hand checking to see he had no new messages or missed call.

Sighing heavily, he heads out of Iris's hand and heads over to his Bentley, he slides inside and puts the key into the ignition and lets the sound of Famous by French Montana played.

The minute Justin tossed his phone onto the passenger seat, it started to vibrate making him crease his eyebrows and pick it up again to see it was a text from Jade.

Jade: winnie is home

Jade: you wanna make things right? get your ass home

Justin paused for a moment and thought over what Jade texted, it was almost like it was a sign saying that he can make things right with Winnie — and he shouldn't miss out on it.

Justin didn't waste another second, he tossed his phone back into the passenger seat along with his leather jacket and headed out of Iris's driveway to head back home.

He was going to fix this.

˚˚˚

Justin put his car in park and made his way out of the car and toward the front door with a million thoughts and questions going through his mind.