CHAPTER TWENTY

˚˚˚
CHOICES & CUPCAKES
( CHAPTER TWENTY )
YOU WERE CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE OF THIS FIGHT, NOW YOU'RE GOING TO GET BURNED.❞

˚˚˚

"Justin, go sleep in your own bed."

Justin groaned and held onto Winnie's waist tighter making her giggle and try to unwrap his muscular arms from around her waist.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes. . .I have stuff to do today and so do you."

"So? Can't we just stay home."

"Justin, I know you and your father don't get along. . .but he's still your father. He loves you."

Justin scoffed. "He sure as hell has a funny way of showing it."

"Give him time. . .he's just has a lot on his plate with the company."

"Winnie. . .my father is dying."

Winnie creased her eyebrows and moved her body so her back was against the headboard. "What? A-Are you serious?"

"Yeah. . .his cancer is back."

"Justin, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. . .he's dying and he's more concerned about the company than himself."

Winnie sighed softly and looked at Justin seeing his eyes looking forward — from what she could see, he was in deep thought thinking making Winnie touch his hand.

Justin looked down at her small hand on top of his as she rubbed it softly making Justin's heart thud as he looked into her eyes and shook his head.

"Winnie, you're something else, you know that?"

"I hope that's a good thing."

Justin chuckled. "Yeah. . .very."

Just then, the sound of Justin's phone vibrating in his gym shorts made him sigh and pull it out of his pocket with his free hand and check to see it was a text from Iris.

Iris: are you still coming to our meeting at our house?

Justin: yeah, i'll be there

Justin sighed softly and placed his phone back into the pocket of his gym shorts and looked over at Winnie and groaned.

"I have to go."

"I'll see you later."

Justin rolled off Winnie's bed. "I'm going to bring you something, birthday girl."

"My birthday is tomorrow, Jay."

Justin smirked and winked at Winnie before heading out of her bedroom and heading over to his bedroom to get dressed for his meeting.

˚˚˚

"Winnie?"

"Yes, Chanel?"

"We brought the cake, it's in the kitchen, come with me?"

Winnie puffed out a breath and followed behind Chanel as her red heels clicked on the wooden floor, once they walked into the kitchen, Winnie's eyes went wide as she looked at the cake.

The cake was white and gray with gold streaks through them that flowed down all the five layers of the cake with areas that stuck out gold crystals.