CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

˚˚˚
LETTERS & LONELINESS
( CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE )
I WANT TO GIVE YOU ALL OF ME, BUT YOU HAVE TO TRUST ME.

˚˚˚

Winnie fiddled with her fingers as she waited patiently for Justin to come back — that was when she heard the chaos coming from ICU.

Creasing her eyebrows, she rose up quickly from her seat and sped walked over to the ICU door and looked inside to see Justin fighting with the doctors.

"Justin!"

Winnie had sped over to Justin seeing his body hit the floor as the doctor still held him off as Winnie approached and pulled his face into her hands.

"Justin, look at me, listen to my voice. . .calm down. . .calm down."

Justin's breaths were ragged as his hazel eyes finally found Winnie's soft brown ones, he soon found himself calming down making the doctors loosen their grip and let his arms drop slowly to the floor.

Winnie let out a breath of relief and wrapped her arms around his head slowly and felt Justin wrap his arms around her body and pull her close to his.

Winnie sighed softly and shook her head as she realized that Jeremy was dead, even though no one broke the news to her.

Justin on the other hand felt like the world was against him and there was nothing he could do, the company was gone and he lost his father  in the process, did he really have anything to live for anymore?

Justin didn't know what to think, all he could do was feel his world crumble under him like a piece of paper as Winnie's nurturing arms remained wrapped around him for comfort.

He was broken.

˚˚˚

Jade looked out of Peter's window and saw the droplets of the rain hit the windows vigorously and then drizzle down onto the ground.

"Are you hungry?"

"A little. . ."

Peter rose an eyebrow and looked at Jade seeing her mind focused more on the rain than the actual plate of tacos he'd made for them, he let out a breath and sat them down onto the edge of his bed and walked over to Jade.

Once he was in front of Jade, he squatted down and looked up to her seeing her eyes still on the rain making him lick his lips and reach out to touch her hands and rub the back of her hand with his thumb.

"Jade?"

"Hm?"

"Look at me. . .," Peter whispered softly as he squinted his eyes and saw Jade bite her bottom lip softly and turn her head slowly to look at Peter. "What is bothering you about this?"

"I. . ."

"You didn't tell Winnie, did you?"

Jade huffed. "I'm sorry. . .I just don't want to lose a good friend over a guy."

"But you won't, and it's like you said yesterday, you might be feeling something for me. . .I might be too."

"So. . .?"

Peter chuckled. "So, I wanna see how this goes."

"Peter—"

"Look, I'll respect your wishes of us not doing anything. . .I just want you to be comfortable with any decisions you make, Jade. How about we hold off on anything until you talk to Winnie?"