CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

˚˚˚
BIRTHDAYS & HOSPITALS
( CHAPTER EIGHTEEN )
SHOULDN'T EVERYBODY'S BIRTHDAY GO OUT WITH A BANG?

˚˚˚

Peter woke up to the sound of a knocking at his door making him groan in the bed and roll over slowly to get out of it and head to the door.

Once he opened the door, he looked to see Winnie standing at the door fiddling with her fingers as a smile came to her lips.

"Winnie?"

"Hey, Peter."

"What are you—"

"I-I'm taking your advice." Winnie spoke softly as Peter ran a hand through his hair and opened the door so Winnie could come inside.

Once Winnie came inside, she puffed out a shaky breath as Peter turned around to face Winnie as he slipped his hands into the pocket of his sweatpants.

"Where's Anne?"

"She's. . .in the hospital."

Winnie's eyes went wide. "Oh my god, what happened? Is she okay?"

"She had a fall, they said she should be okay."

"When's the next time you're going to see her."

Peter licked his lips. "Now, actually."

"Can. . .can I come?"

"Sure. . .just let me get dressed, okay?"

Winnie nodded and pursed her lips as she watched Peter give her a small smile and turn around to head upstairs to get dressed as she stood in the middle of the room waiting for him.

Hoping her and Peter could survive this hospital visit.

˚˚˚

Justin bit his bottom lip softly as he waited for his father to meet him in the restaurant of the hotels stayed in.

Suddenly, when he looked up, he saw his father walking over to him as he buttoned up his suit jacket and cleared his throat and took a seat down in the chair in front of Justin's.

"Justin."

"Do you want to tell me what's going on?"

"What?"

Justin rolled his eyes. "Don't play dumb, Winnie's mother."

"Justin, do you have something you're trying to prove?"

"I just want to know what's driving you to be paranoid." Justin murmured softly as he leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest and saw his father squint his eyes.

"Justin, I don't think this is something that we should talk about here."

"No, you've brought this conversation on yourself, be a man about it."

Jeremy chuckled. "Like you were when you heard about Iris and her being pregnant?"

Justin's face went blank — but Jeremy's just held an amused look. Justin bit his bottom lip momentarily and leaned forward in his seat.

"How did you know about that?"

"Iris doesn't just talk to you, son."

Justin clenched his jaw. "She's not pregnant, dad."

"How'd you handle the news though? From what I was told, you were looking like a deer in headlights."

"I would've handled it if she was."