CHAPTER TEN

˚˚˚
THREATS & PROPOSALS
( CHAPTER TEN )
IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY WAY TO FIX THIS THEN YOU'RE FIRED.

˚˚˚

"Winnie?"

Winnie walked through the crowd of people and stood right in front of the counter and smiled at the barista and thanked her for her latte and walked back through the crowd over to Jade who sat at the usual place she sat with her iced tea.

Once Winnie sat down, she took a few sips of her latte and sat her purse down next to her as she rose an eyebrow at Jade.

"You said something was wrong?"

"How's Justin?"

"Fine?" Winnie spoke out as more of a question making Jade crease her eyebrows and snicker as she sipped her tea some more. "Okay, not really."

"Thought so."

"We haven't talked in six days. . .should I be worried, Jade?"

"Well, all I can say is that something's up with him."

Winnie bit the inside of her cheek momentarily. "Should I just talk to him?"

"It's up to you, Winnie. . .I mean when we talked — nevermind."

"What? No no, you don't get to do that, what happened?" Winnie asked in a whisper as she leaned forward and heard Jade sigh softly and shake her head.

"It's not my place to tell, Winnie."

Winnie huffed and slumped her shoulders in her seat as she went back to drinking her latte and as did Jade with her tea as the two sat in silence.

Winnie's phone had suddenly started to vibrate on the table making her crease her eyebrows and pick it up to see it was a text from Peter making her smile and unlock her phone to reply.

Peter: mind if you come over later?

Peter: my grandma has been bothering me to see you again

Winnie: aw, i'd love to 😌 see you soon

Winnie smiled and giggled softly as she sat her phone back down and looked up to Jade seeing her raise an eyebrow with a grin on her lips.

"What?"

"You look like a love struck puppy."

Winnie scoffed. "I do not."

"You're so giggly and bubbly when Peter texts you! I'm surprised I've never met the guy before."

"Well why don't you come with me today? I'm sure Pete won't mind."

Jade hummed in response and went back to finish up her tea as Winnie smiled and patted her arm on the table and hopped up from her seat. "Gotta go, I'll text you."

Jade nodded and smiled as she watched Winnie dash out of the coffee store and out to the street where the black Bentley was parked and hopped inside and headed off to the beach house.

˚˚˚

"Pass the salt and pepper, please."

Justin smacked his teeth and passed Iris what she asked for and leaned against the kitchen island and watched her cook her special soup from a distance.

Feeling eyes on her, Iris creased her eyebrows and looked over at Justin and smiled softly as she saw him staring at her while biting his bottom lip softly.