CHAPTER THIRTEEN

˚˚˚
FRENEMIES & PREGNANCIES
( CHAPTER THIRTEEN )
WELL MAYBE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO BE JEALOUS IF YOU'D MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

˚˚˚

Winnie stood in her spot frozen solid, almost like she was a statue and honestly, she was doing a damn good job at being still.

Iris creased her eyebrows and snapped her fingers in Winnie's face. "Winnie?"

Winnie snapped out of her daze and gasped softly and cleared her throat as she looked down at her feet and saw the keys and the bag of popcorn.

Cursing under her breath, she bent down and picked up what she dropped as Iris huffed and crossed her arms back over her chest.

"S-Sorry."

"Did you hear what I said?"

Winnie blinked a few times and moved her curls out of her face. "Yes, I did."

"Yeah. . .there's that."

"Why are you here exactly? Telling me? Of all people, don't you hate me?"

"Listen, I don't like you, but right about now I need to push all our differences aside. I think I'm pregnant, Winnie. . .I can't have a kid right now, I'm only 27! I still have things I want to do! I—"

"Stop! C-Can we take this conversation into the house, please? I need some water. . ."

Iris nodded and stepped aside to let Winnie walk in front of her, Winnie pursed her lips and headed off to the door with Iris following behind like a lost puppy on the verge of crying.

Once Winnie opened the door, her and Iris stepped into the house and Iris shut the door behind them and continued to follow Winnie as she went into the kitchen to get some water.

Iris bit on her acrylic nail softly as she watched Winnie open the fridge and grabbed a water bottle, feeling eyes on her, Winnie turned around and cleared her throat.

"You don't have to stare at me, Iris."

"Well help me!"

"I. . .uh, have you taken a test?"

Iris shook her head and sniffed as the tears started to come down her cheeks making Winnie's eyes grow wide as she frantically searched the kitchen for a napkin.

Looking to her left, she saw the oven towel and yanked it off the handle of the oven and speed walked over to Iris who took a seat down on the edge of the kitchen table.

Iris sniffed and looked up through her tear filled vision and took the towel from Winnie and didn't even thank her as she started to wipe her eyes.

"You're welcome. . ."

Iris still ignored her as her crying got worse making Winnie huff and hesitantly place her hand on her back and start to rub it softly in a circular motion making Iris stop crying momentarily.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Comforting you?"

Iris scoffed. "I don't need your pity, Winnie."

"Funny you saying that since you showed up at my doorstep."

"For help."

Winnie huffed and removed her hand away from Iris's back and balled up her fist momentarily before shaking her head and hearing Iris start to cry again.