CHAPTER NINE

˚˚˚
DANCE WITH ME
( CHAPTER NINE )
WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVINCE? ME OR YOURSELF?

˚˚˚

The sound of the door opening made Winnie turn around and see Justin headed for the staircase making her pause the television and check her phone and see it was almost midnight.

She hopped up from the couch and jogged over to the staircase and made her way upstairs and stood in front of Justin's door.

Winnie pursed her lips momentarily and knocked on the door and stood back as she waited for it to open — only it never happens, instead she heard Justin tell her to come in.

Winnie huffed and opened the door and stopped herself right at the door when she saw Justin taking his shirt off the minute she walked into the room.

Just as he did so, his muscles began to flex making Winnie's breath get caught up in her throat as she cleared her throat and looked down at her sock covered feet.

"What's up?"

"Um. . .can we talk?"

"Sure, about?"

Winnie sighed softly and and crossed her arms over her chest. "Are you. . .are you back together with Iris?"

"Why does that concern you? And did Jade tell you?"

"Doesn't matter, Justin. . .I thought you were done with her."

"Winnie, I don't follow you right now. . .," Justin murmured softly as a small chuckle left his lips and he went to sit on the edge of his bed. "Are you upset?"

"Justin, it's obvious she's not serious about being with you—"

"Oh, thanks, Dr. Phil, anything else you wanna spitball while we're talking about her? Because you don't even know her!"

"Neither do you!"

Justin snickered. "You're one to talk."

"What?"

"You and Pete."

Winnie scoffed and crossed her arms over her chest as she heard Justin laugh and run his large hands through his hair and shake his head in the process.

"That's not the same, Justin."

"Is it? You two go on dates, send cute little texts, kiss each other every chance you get, and you met him a week ago!"

Winnie didn't know what to say. She could feel her throat starting to feel clumped and tears start in the back of her eyes as Justin stood over her with a clenched jaw.

"If that's how you feel. . .have fun with Iris, Jay."

With that, Justin changed his posture and watched Winnie walk to his door and pause for a moment and look back at him seeing him looking at the floor.

Winnie sighed softly and opened the door and walked out of Justin's bedroom and shut the door behind her as Justin stood in the middle of his room feeling a pressure in his chest.

Just like planned, Justin thought.

TWO HOURS AGO. . .

Justin sat on the suede black couch with Iris and his arm wrapped around her waist as she leaned against his chest, both of them with a glass of Champagne in their hands with Iris's father on the couch across from them separated by the wide wooden coffee table.