CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

˚˚˚
THE HARDEST PART
( CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT )
I LAID EVERYTHING I NEED TO SAY ON THE TABLE, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

˚˚˚

Justin sighed softly as he watched Jade sit down in across from him in the booth seat at the coffee shop she always came to.

As Jade sat there, he explained himself and explained everything that's happened in the past few days with Winnie and how he's trying to adjust and he even told her about how he loves her but doesn't want that to affect her dreams.

Jade took Justin's pause as an opportunity to speak. "Justin. . .I'm sorry. . ."

"She leaves today."

"Well. . .you know what they say. . .if you love something, let it go."

Justin huffed. "I don't want to let her go."

"Justin—"

"Winnie's been this part of me that I've always needed but never knew I needed. . .losing her would be like letting a part of my heart disappear."

"Then tell her."

Justin shook his head. "Jade. . .I can't."

Jade scoffed and reached across the table and smacked Justin upside the head making him groan and grab his head. "What the hell?!"

"Justin Bieber you are the most stubborn human being I've met besides. . .besides Winnie."

"Was there a reason to hit me though?"

Jade shrugged. "Probably not. . .but you need to let her know, Justin!"

"But—"

"There's that other saying. . ."

"Which is?"

"You never know what you have until it's gone."

˚˚˚

Winnie watched as the papers rolled out of the printer of the library, she looked over her shoulder and saw the librarian staring at the printer herself.

"Yes ma'am?"

"You've been at this printer for about 20 minutes, you know?"

Winnie laughed softly. "Yes I know. . .I'm printing my first novel—"

"Do you realize we might need a new ink cartridge after this?"

"I'm. . .sorry?"

"Are you sure you're sorry?"

"Listen ma'am, I'm almost done here. . .so can I finish up in peace?"

The librarian scoffed and shook her head as she walked away and headed back to her office making Winnie scoff and shake her head.

Winnie lifted up the last printed sheet and saw it was apart of chapter 28 making her hum and place it back down and wait for the rest of the papers to roll out.

Winnie puffed out a breath when suddenly her phone dinged in her jacket pocket, she pulled it out and saw it was a text from Jade.

Jade: i know it's your last day and all, but you're not spending it ALONE

Winnie: ok ok, we can hang at your place

Jade: duh, see you at 4?