CHAPTER SIXTEEN

˚˚˚
RUDE AWAKENING
( CHAPTER SIXTEEN )
I'M THINKING MY PAST IS COMING BACK TO HAUNT ME.

˚˚˚

Winnie woke up with the biggest headache she'd ever had in her life, the constant throbbing made her groan and roll over in her sleep.

The sudden movement made Justin open his eyes slowly as he lie sleep on the floor of Winnie's bedroom with a pillow and blanket to his comfort.

Hearing Winnie groan once more made him slowly rise up from the floor and crawl over to Winnie's side as she rolled over to see Justin making her puff out a breath.

"How drunk was I?"

"Very drunk."

Winnie creased her eyebrows. "Why are you in here?"

"Winnie, do you not remember anything last night?"

"No."

"You're a sleepwalker. . .which I never noticed until last night."

Winnie slowly rose up from her pillow and rested her back against the pillow as she looked at Justin emotionless making him raise an eyebrow.

"Justin, I know I am."

"You do?"

"But only when I'm drunk. . .weirdly, which is why I don't drink as much."

Justin scoffed. "Well I had to carry you away from the pool area twice last night."

Winnie snickered as Justin rolled his eyes and shook his head and picked up the pillow and blanket he slept with and pointed to Winnie's nightstand. "Aspirin and water, should help the headache."

"Thanks."

Justin hummed in response and headed for Winnie's bedroom door and placed his hand on the silver door knob, but he stopped when heard the sound of Winnie calling him.

"Yeah?"

"Um. . .did I do anything crazy last night? Say anything crazy?"

Justin paused momentarily and thought about last night and his talk with Winnie he had right before she passed out and went to sleep, but then again; she was drunk.

"Nope."

Winnie smiled softly and reached over to her nightstand for the aspirin and glass of water as Justin huffed and headed out of Winnie's bedroom to go to his room.

Once he left, Winnie puffed out a breath and took the aspirin and swallowed down some water behind it and sat the glass of water back down onto the nightstand and searched the bed for her phone.

Winnie creased her eyebrows and got on her knees on the mattress as she searched through the blankets and pillows and finding no sign of her phone.

As if on queue, the sound of a vibration made Winnie crease her eyebrows and crawl to the edge of her bed and look down at the floor to see her denim jacket on the ground along with her dress and boots.

Winnie scoffed and leaned off the edge of the bed and dragged her jacket toward her and reached into the pocket and pulled out her phone.

Looking at it, she saw it was a bunch of messages from Jade making her lick her dry lips slowly and unlock her phone to see the messages.

Jade: where did you go?

Jade: okay, i'm honestly getting worried about you, answer me!