CHAPTER EIGHT

˚˚˚
GRANDMA KNOWS BEST
( CHAPTER EIGHT )
YOU CAN'T HIDE THE TRUTH FOREVER, YOU'LL MISS OUT ON WHAT COULD'VE BEEN.

˚˚˚

Winnie sighed softly and scratched her curls as she walked into the kitchen with a yawn coming from her lips.

When she walked inside, she saw Justin standing over a bowl cracking eggs into a bowl, he looked up when he saw Winnie making him clear his throat as she gave a closed mouth smile.

Awkward, they both thought.

"You're cooking breakfast?"

"Yeah. . .should I not? I can order—"

"No, i-it's cool. . ."

Justin softly chuckled and cleared his throat then went back to cracking the eggs into the bowl as Winnie sat back and watched.

"So, um, how's the book?"

"I'm on my 8th chapter."

Justin's eyes slightly went wide. "Great."

"Yeah. . ."

Just after another awkward moment of silence, the sound of Winnie's phone in her robe pocket made her reach into it and get it.

Thank God, Winnie thought.

Winnie puffed out a breath and looked to see it was a text from Peter making her stomach do a flip and a smile come to her lips as she went to read the message.

Peter: are you doing anything today?

Winnie: probably a little writing, why?

Peter: i wanna hang out, my place?

Winnie: okie dokie, pick me up in a few?

Peter: you got it 😉

Winnie giggled out loud without realizing it and even though she couldn't see Justin's face, he had paused and rose an eyebrow as he watched Winnie smile down at her phone momentarily before locking it and putting it back in her robe pocket.

Once she turned back around to Justin, he had went back to cooking breakfast and pretended not to be eavesdropping on Winnie's business.

"I have to go, I'll grab some food later."

"Oh. . .sure, but I have a surprise for you when you get back."

"Surprise?"

Justin nodded and turned around to the stove and went to check on the waffles as Winnie pursed her lips and nodded as she left the kitchen and went upstairs to her bedroom to get dressed.

˚˚˚

Winnie looked at herself in the mirror at her outfit, she was dressed in a short sleeve cropped button up shirt, ripped dark blue jeans, and white slip on vans with her curls out and her lipstick on her lips.

Winnie smiled at herself and picked up her purse as she heard the sound of her phone ding, she checked it and saw it was Peter saying he was outside.

Winnie replied and put a pep in her step as she headed for the door to head out of her bedroom and downstairs, just when she opened the door the sound of a big red truck made her gasp and hold onto her chest.

"What the—"

"Damn, they're early."

"Who is? Lightning McQueen?"