EPILOGUE PT. I

˚˚˚
DISTANCE BETWEEN US
( EPILOGUE PT. I )
DISTANCE CAN'T STOP WHAT'S MEANT TO BE.

˚˚˚

"Just bring the moving truck back here, please."

Justin watched the movers bring the old furniture into the loading truck and load the rest of the items into the truck as Justin watched.

Justin then heard a sigh come from beside him making him look to see Elijah step outside wiping his hands with his cloth, he then tossed it across his shoulder.

"How's it going out here?"

"Perfect, the new furniture is set up for this house. . .it'll be on the market by Monday."

"Amazing, come on."

Justin nodded and followed Elijah back over to his Cadillac parked to the side of the road in the suburbia and got inside as Elijah got inside the driver's side and started the engine.

Just before he drove off, he looked over at Justin and then did a double take when he saw him look down at his phone making him sigh.

"Justin. . ."

"Yeah. . ."

"Don't."

Justin huffed. "She. . .she said she'd call me. . ."

"And you'll wait, like she said, okay?"

"But—"

"Listen. . .what did you tell me when we talked about her? You and her are meant to be? Well. . .distance can't stop what's meant to be."

Justin licked his lips slowly and put his phone back into the pocket of his leather jacket and nodded as Elijah nodded slowly and drove off to head back to the office.

˚˚˚

Justin tossed his leather jacket onto the back of his black suede couch in the corner of his office and walked over to his desk and plopped down in the chair behind his desk.

A few seconds later, the sound of the office phone ringing made him crease his eyebrows and quickly reach for it and pick it up.

"E&J Studios, how may I help you?"

"Justin?"

"Jade? What—"

"You changed your number? You realize I've been trying to reach you for like the past few months. . .but then I got busy."

Justin scoffed. "Sorry. . .what's up?"

"What's up is your business! I hear it's booming! I'm proud of you, just called to congratulate you."

"Thanks, Jade. . .hey, can I ask—"

"No, Justin, I swore to Winnie and Peter I wouldn't get in your business anymore. . .but I'll tell you that Winnie's book is doing great."

Justin smiled. "I knew she could do it."

"Yeah, but I have to go, I'm at work and these dolphins aren't going to train themselves, bye!"

Justin simply chuckled and hung the phone back onto the hook and lean back in his seat and nibble on his thumbnail as he eyed his phone and office phone momentarily.

Does she even care? Justin thought.

She made it seem like she wanted to be with Justin when she called that night.