Chapter 4

A/N: This is one month later btw. Chandler is now at a children's home as his parents are in jail. He does still go to the same school though. Thank you! Enjoy!

3rd person POV {at school}
"Chandler, guidance." Ms. Mims said. It had become a new routine every day in fourth period, though Chandler didn't understand why he still had to go. As Chandler made his way to Mr. Addams' office, he ran into Zay. 'Perfect.' Chandler thought to himself.

"Hey buddy! How's your dad? Oh yeah!! I forgot! he's in jail! So who you staying with now? Huh?" Zay said sarcastically. When Chandler didn't answer, Zay started to get angry.

"Hey! I'm talking to you retard!" Zay said as he pinned Chandler to the wall. "You might wanna answer me. Everyone knows I'm stronger than you." Zay taunted him. Although Zay wasn't stronger than Chandler, he was braver. Chandler was way too scared to stand up to him.

"Ch-childrens home." Chandler whispered in reply. "What was that? I didn't quite hear you." Zay said.

Chandler sighed. "I live in the children's home. Across the street. Okay?" Chandler said getting slightly annoyed. Zay laughed as Chandler suspected he would. "Wow. You really are the biggest wimp I know." Zay said as he let go of Chandler.

As Zay went back to class, Chandler sighed as he walked to guidance. When he got there he slowly walked in.

"Hey Chandler. You doing alright?" Mr. Addams asked once he sat down. "Yes sir." Was all Chandler said.

"How's it going in the home? Alright?" Mr. Addams continued. "I guess so." Chandler replied. "Make any new friends?" Mr. Addams asked again. For some reason this made Chandler really mad.

"Yeah because I bet there's just a line of people who would want to be friends with me." Chandler replied sarcastically. Mr. Addams sighed. They were clearly going nowhere. "Chandler, look. I know things are hard for you right now, but I want you to feel like you can talk to me. Okay?" Mr. Addams said. "I don't wanna talk about anything." Chandler said, getting annoyed. Mr. Addams sighed. "Go back to class. We'll talk more tomorrow." He said.

Chandler's POV {After school}
I was walking to the children's home when this lady drove beside me. "Hey, kid. Need a ride?" She said. I was going to say no, but she sounded like a nice lady. I know "stranger danger" and all that stuff, but at this point I don't really care if I get kidnapped.

"S-sure." I said and got into her car. "I was on the way to get groceries, my son goes here too but he rides the bus." The lady said. "S-so how come you're here?" I asked. "Well I wasn't going to be, but I saw you walking and decided that no kid your age should be walking home. So where do you live?" The woman asked. "I live in the children's home, across the street from school." I told her. "Oh okay, well I'll drop you off then." She replied.

"My son's name is Zay Bennet. Do you know him?" She asked and my eyes went wide. "Um...sort of." I answered. She must have heard the fear in my voice. "Are you guys friends?" She asked.

"Well, um n-no not really. He doesn't really like me so..." I answered, not really knowing what to say. "Is he being mean to you in any way? I swear I will beat his-" "No! No, um he's n-not like that." I interrupted. "If you say so. Okay we're here." She said. " Th-thanks for the ride." I said to her. "Yeah no problem!" She replied.

As I walked in the children's home, I put together in my head what just happened. MY WORST ENEMY'S MOM JUST GAVE ME A FREAKING RIDE! I freaked out in my mind.

A/N: sorry its so short...thanks for reading!!