Chapter 26

Chandler's POV

It was Monday morning, and today Laura was coming back to school.

I've never been more happy to be honest, I miss seeing her happy and not laying in a hospital with a bunch of tubes hooked up to her.

Andy came in my room to 'wake me up' but I was already awake.

I hardly ever sleep nowadays, what's the point anyways? I'll just wake up at 3 am sweating and on the verge of a panic attack. So let's not do that.

Right now, I was sitting on the couch next to Payton watching some sort of cartoon she put on.

"Hey, Chandler. Come here, I need to talk to you." I heard Andy say from the kitchen. "

"W-what is it?" I asked once I got there, I was kinda scared I was in trouble or something.

"How about we paint your room on Friday? It still looks like a guest room in there and it's yours so we could paint it however." He said. Wow. Not expecting that.

"O-Oh, um... A-Are you sure?" I ask and he laughed a little. What's so funny?

"If I wasn't sure, I wouldn't have asked. When we were painting Payton's room the other day I let her have some friends over to help. Why don't you do that? Invite some friends over and stuff, they can spend the night, it'll be fun." He explained.

"Th-thank you so much." I said, astonished that I was actually gonna be allowed to have my own room, and paint it.

"No problem, kid." He said.

-------------------------------------------------

When I sat on the bus next to Zay, I immediately invited him over to help decorate the new room. It still kinda feels weird saying 'my room's because when I think of my room, I think of baby blue walls with torn pieces of animal stickers on them, toys that haven't been played with in three years, a bed that I've had since I was seven and a stained and torn carpet.

Anyways, when Parker got on I invited him as well. "Can Ava come too?" He asked me.

"Yeah, sure." I answered. I hope she can, I don't wanna make Andy mad by having too many people over. Wow. I never thought having too many friends over would ever be a problem for me, the only friend I've had before now was a boy named Sam when I was five. And he moved away.

"So, you inviting Laura over?" Zay asked me, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Obviously." I reply and smile.

"Hey, you guys know that new girl?" Parker asked.

"You mean that Brianna girl?" Zay asked.

"Yeah, I think we have a new enemy. I saw her flirting with Jared...and I think they might be together." Parker answered. From the corner of my eye I saw Zay shake his head.

"They're not." He said.

Then I remembered, Jared.

He wasn't on the bus. I really hope I didn't hurt him too bad.

"Chandler, you good?" Zay asked bringing me out of my thoughts. "Yeah, it's just, Jared didn't get on the bus. I-I didn't mean to hurt him that bad I just...He was talking about Laura." I explained.

"I get it man." Zay said simply. Suddenly we heard a voice coming from the back of the bus.

"Jared's okay. He's got a minor concussion but it's his own fault." Autumn yelled loud enough for them to hear her.

"Welp." I said, even though I didn't mean to say it out loud.

--------------------------------------------------