Chapter 50: FINAL CHAPTER!

Third Person POV

Chandler woke up early on the morning of July 8th. He was immediately sad.

It was 10 am and Payton was at a friends house. Chandler and the group had exactly 6 hours from now until Laura left.

When Chandler checked his phone he saw Zay had texted him.

'My house. Everyone's already here, come when you wake up.'

Zay sent that text only five minutes ago. Chandler quickly got dressed and hurried downstairs, Andy was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper. Chandler sat next to him and Andy looked at him.

He noticed his heartbroken expression and pulled him close to him without saying anything.

Chandler sighed and rested his head against Andy's shoulder.

"Go make the most of it, kid." Andy said and kissed Chandler's forehead. Chandler nodded, wiped his tears and stood up, walking out the door.

He grabbed the bike Zay gave him and started pedaling to Zay's house. When he got there, he heard Parker and Zay talking in the back.

He went around and saw Autumn with her arm around Laura, who was crying. Chandler ran up and sat on the other side of her and she leaned her head on his shoulder almost immediately.

He put his arm around her and tried his best not to cry with her. He has to be strong for her.

"It's okay, Laura. Look, I wrote my number down for when you get your phone fixed and we can text everyday. A-and we can call too. I know it's not the same but it's something." Chandler pulled out a slip of paper with his number on it and a tear slid down his face.

Laura smiled sadly and took the slip of paper and stuck it in her back pocket.

"Guys I know we're all sad but we've only got 6 hours left. Let's make the most of it okay?" Ava said.

Laura wiped her eyes and nodded.

"I'll get popsicles and we can talk about how much we love each other." Zay said and went inside.

That made Laura smile sadly.

About an hour later

"Laura you're the whole reason Chandler and I are even friends. What are we gonna do without you?" Zay asked.

They were walking around the neighborhood, most of them on their 3rd or 4th popsicle. Chandler was on his 7th, he needed it.

"Don't get me crying again. You'll be okay, guys." Laura smiled sadly. Chandler didn't say anything because he knew if she started crying again he'd start crying again.

"You know, Zay our friendship is kinda funny." Laura said, smiling.

Zay smiled back but furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "How?" He asked.

"Well the first thing I ever heard you say was 'Hey retard! Finally got a girlfriend?' And then you called me a cross dresser, and now you're my best friend." Laura laughed. Zay smiled even though he felt bad.

"Well the retard that finally got a girlfriend beat me up and now he's my best friend too."
He smiled and Chandler punched him in the arm, laughing.

"Hey Laura, just out of curiosity, what was your first impression of all of us?" Ava asked.

"Oh boy...let's see umm...Ava- chill. Zay-jerk. Autumn- sister of a jerk but pretty cool. Parker-....out there. And Chandler- Johnny Cade from the Outsiders." Laura answered.