Chapter 6

Chandler's POV {In Mr. Addams' office}
Right now I am sitting in Mr. Addams office and no one else is in here. I'm terrified but I don't regret hitting Zay. I just wish that I wasn't caught.

Mr. Addams is talking to the principle about something but I can't hear anything they're saying. Zay is in the nurse and his face is covered in blood, and all of a sudden I realize something; he's gonna kill me! I was pulled out of my thoughts when Mr. Addams came in and sat down.

"Chandler, although I don't agree with it, you have been suspended from school for a day." He said to me. "Y-you don't agree with it? Why not?" I asked. I was really confused; I hit someone in the face repeatedly and the school guidance counselor doesn't agree with me being punished??

"Because I know you're a good kid Chandler. and I know you wouldn't do something like this for no reason." He said. I was going to say something but as soon as I opened my mouth the door opened. It was Laura.

"Mr. Addams, please don't punish Chandler, he didn't even do anything wrong. It's my fault, I was the one who said something to Zay, not Chandler. Punish me." She said. And here I was being confused again.

Why would someone take the blame for me? "He didn't do anything wrong yet there's a boy in there with a bloody nose. But you know what? I don't think it was either of you. I think Zay got what he got because he's a bully. Sit down Laura. I want the whole story." Mr. Addams said.

3rd person POV {same time}
"Let's start with the beginning. What did you say to Zay and what did Zay say to you?" Mr. Addams asked them. "Well Zay yelled across the lunchroom to Chandler calling him a retard and them some kids started laughing and I asked Chandler if he was gonna do anything and he said no and that it would make things worse and so I got mad and yelled across the lunchroom and-" Laura was cut off by Mr. Addams. "Okay. Okay. Slow down. Take a breath and continue." Mr. Addams interrupted.

"Okay. Sorry. Then he came up to me and called me a cross-dresser and pushed me down. And before I knew what was happening Chandler was on top of him." Laura said more calmly. "Chandler, is this true?" Mr. Addams asked.

"Y-yeah."Chandler mumbled, fumbling with the hem of his hoodie.

"Okay then. I will figure out a way for you two to get a small punishment if one at all." Mr. Addams said. "Wait. Really?" Laura asked, shocked.

"You shouldn't be punished for defending yourself. Now head back to class."

They both got up and went to fourth period.

Chandler's POV {Fourth Period}
Since I now know that Laura is in my class, I asked to sit with her. She said yes!

Once I sat down I realized that I hadn't thought this far ahead. I don't know what to say so we sat in an awkward silence for about 2 seconds until she thankfully broke it.

"So why does that Zay kid hate you so much?" She asked. " I-I don't know...because I'm a wimp I guess." I replied. "You? A wimp? Dude you just beat the crap out of him in front of the whole 9th grade!" She said. Wow. I forgot about that.

"I don't know what happened...I've never done something like that before." I said. "Well, it was pretty cool!" She replied. "Th-thanks." I said, trying to hide the fact that I was smiling.

Chandler's POV {the children's home}
I silently walked to my room, hoping not to get noticed by anyone. Too late. "Hey Chandler! How was your day?" I hear Mrs. Roberts say.

"I-it was okay." I replied. I heard a couple of kids giggling. It was probably due to the fact that Mrs. Roberts is the only person in that home that likes me.

But whatever, most of the kids were younger than me anyways so it's not like they're intimidating. Once I got to my room, I turned on the tv. I just put it on the news because I'm only using it as background noise as I do my homework.

After about ten minutes of working on math, I heard something on tv that almost gave me a heart attack.

"Shocking story tonight, William Riggs has just escaped from prison. Cops are looking for him now but he seems to be looking for his son. Go on our website for more information." The lady said. UM, WHAT?!