Chapter 49

Chandler's POV

I woke up to singing.

"Happy birthday to you! You live in a zoo! You smell like a monkey, and look like one too!" Payton sang really loudly in my ear.

"Good morning Payton." I smiled and sat up. Today was June 27th, my 15th birthday.

I was pretty excited because Andy said that I could have my friends over.

When I went downstairs, I saw a cake that had two candles on it, shaped like a one and a five. I immediately felt bad.

I don't need a cake or anything like that. There was also a box on the table and two cards.

I saw Andy sitting at the table smiling at me. "A-Andy you didn't have to do any of this..." I started, I felt really guilty.

"Chandler you said the same thing with Christmas and Easter. I'm gonna buy you things, kid. Get over it." Andy said.

I hugged Andy. "Thank you." I whispered.

Randomly switching to Third Person

"No problem, kid. Here, open this." Andy said and handed him the box from the table. It was wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper. He still felt bad, but didn't wanna make Andy mad.

He opened the present to see a 300 piece LEGO set.

"I didn't really know what you wanted but...I heard you mention legos once or twice..." Andy started.

"It's awesome! Thank you!" Chandler smiled excitedly.

"I'm glad you like it." Andy smiled. Payton came downstairs and handed him a homemade card. It was orange construction paper and had a bunch of cheesy jokes on it written in crayon.

Chandler smiled and hugged Payton.

"Thanks Payton." He said.

"You're welcome. When's Laura coming over?" Payton asked. "So you don't care about the rest of his friends, then? Only Laura?" Andy smiled.

"Pretty much." Payton shrugged and went to change out of her pajamas. Chandler laughed.

"Hey, here's a card from me. And your mom sent you this one." Andy handed Chandler the two cards.

"I don't think your dad sent one, I'm sorry, buddy." Andy apologized sympathetically. Chandler just pretended it didn't matter if his dad sent him a card or not.

"It's okay, Andy. I don't need him, I have you." Chandler smiled. Andy smiled back. "Go get dressed okay?" He said and Chandler nodded and headed upstairs.

He decided to wear blue jeans and a black t shirt with white writing on it, and a checkered flannel over it.

It wasn't anywhere close to fancy, but it's the most he's tried with his outfit all year.

When he was done getting dressed, he decided to read his two cards. The first one was from Andy, it sung Happy Birthday when he opened it and it was signed by Andy and Payton.

The next one wasn't a card when he opened it, it was a letter.

It said,

Dear Chandler,

Today, 15 years ago was the best day of my life. I love you so much, baby and I know I haven't been anything close to a good mom to you in a very long time. But you are the best thing I ever did and when I get out of here I'm gonna try my best to make it up to you. Happy birthday bubba, me and daddy love you.
            ~Mom