Chapter 41

Third Person POV

It was two weeks before Christmas, and Chandler still hadn't told Laura about Brianna. He didn't want to anger her, and he knew she would kill someone.

"I'm so ready for Christmas break." Laura sighed as she sat at the lunch table next to Chandler.

"Me too." Chandler said shortly. "You alright? You seem a bit...jumpy." Parker asked, sitting down next to Zay."

"I-I'm fine." Chandler lied. "What are we doing in health today?" He asked, changing the subject.

Zay and Parker stayed silent.

"What is it?" Chandler asked again. "It's awkward that's what." Zay replied.

"Isn't everything in high school?" Chandler replied.

"Okay, okay. We're learning about all the gross, weird stuff. Ya know like, puberty and girls and...yeah." Zay answered.

"Why is there a lesson about girls? Because they're so confusing?" Chandler asked and grinned at Laura.

"What you're learning about is gonna have that grin wiped off of your face real quick." Laura laughed. Chandler looked at them with a confused expression.

"Wha—" Chandler began. Parker shaking his head cut him off.

"We're learning about hormones and safe sex and all that stuff. I don't get why we need to know about girls now, it's like they're promoting teenage pregnancy. And I don't know why we have to learn about girl hormones either, we're dudes." Zay rolled his eyes.

"Well it'll help when you get a girlfriend. You'll know what we go through." Laura laughed.

"Yeah. We're emotional people." Autumn said, sitting next to Laura.

"No kidding." Zay grinned.

"Watch it." Laura smiled at him. "You guys wanna do something after school?" She followed.

"Like what?" Autumn asked.

"I don't know...just something. I gotta get my mind off things." She answered.

The truth is, Chandler wasn't the only one hiding a huge secret that could destroy everything. The only difference was; in time, this would inevitably destroy everything. Without a doubt.

Including Laura herself. But it wasn't time to worry about any of that now, it was time to enjoy her life with her friends.

"Chandler, you think we could go to your house?" Zay asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'm sure Andy wouldn't care." Chandler answered.

Later

It was 9:23 pm and everyone went home from Chandler's house. Andy, Payton, and Chandler were all decorating the Christmas tree.

"What do you guys want for Christmas?" Andy asked, untangling the Christmas lights.

"Star Wars Legos!" Payton said excitedly. "We'll have to see about that." Andy chuckled.

"C'mon, I've been...kinda good this year! With everything that's happened I'm sure Santa will cut me some slack." Payton crossed her arms.

"I'm sure he will too, sweetheart. What about you Chandler? What do you want?" Andy asked.

Chandler shrugged. "I don't really want anything, I have enough." He said quietly.

"Oh don't give me that, it's Christmas! You really think you're not gonna get anything?" Andy asked. "B-but I don't want anything..." Chandler insisted once more.