Chapter 5

Chandler's POV {The next day}
I was at my locker when some girl came up to me. "Hey, you're that little abused boy on the news. Right?" The girl asked. Well that was pretty straight forward.

"U-um y-yeah. Why?" I replied. "Just wondering. I'm Laura. What's your name again? They said it on the news but I forgot." She said.

Ch-Chandler." I answered. "Nice to meet you, Chandler. I'll see you at lunch." She said and walked off.

Wait, what just just happened? Did I just make a...friend?? No, that can't be right. I haven't had a friend since the 1st grade.

Maybe I'm hallucinating. And she said she would see me at lunch!? Is she gonna sit with me? WHAT IS GOING ON?! Okay, I need to calm down. For anyone else this wouldn't be a big deal, but I guess I've never really been like anyone else anyways, so nevermind. This is crazy!!

Chandler's POV {at lunch}
After I got my lunch, I sat down at the same spot I always sit at. No one ever really talks to me unless it's Zay trying to make my life miserable. But you can't make someone's life miserable if it already is!

Anyways I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice. "Hey, can I sit here?" I heard Laura say. "Um y-yeah sure." I said. "So are you new here? I never really see you around much." Laura asked me.

Was I really that invisible? "U-um no. I've been here." I replied. "Oh. So what's your homeroom class?" She asked. "Ms. Mims. Yours?" I replied.

"Wow really? Same. I've never really seen you in there." She said and started to eat her lunch. "W-well I go to guidance in that class so that's probably why." I told her. "Really? How come?" She asked.

I didn't have time to answer because Zay decided to grace us with his presence. Yay. "Hey retard! Finally got a girlfriend?" He said loudly.

Kids began laughing. Great! Zay is gonna chase off the closest thing to a friend I have! "Aren't you gonna do something?" Laura whispered to me as Zay walked off.

"N-no. If I say something it'll make things worse." I whispered back. "Well if you won't I will." She said and stood up.

"No Laura don't!" I whisper yelled. "Hey! Come over here and say that again!" She yelled. As Zay walked back over to us I began to panic. "Laura! Please just sit down!" I whisper yelled again.

"Oh wow. I'm so scared of some cross-dresser! Getting your girlfriend to fight your battles now, Chandler? That's an all-time low, even for you." Zay said.

"I'm not his girlfriend! But even if I was that wouldn't be any of your business!" Laura yelled. I saw Zay walking up to Laura and so I stood up. Was I terrified of Zay? Yes! But was I gonna let him beat up my possibly new friend?

Absolutely not. He came up to her and pushed her to the ground. I don't know what was going through my mind but I lost it. I punched Zay in the face and slammed him to the ground. I kept hitting him over and over and I couldn't stop.

Well I couldn't until I got pulled off of him by a teacher. I looked back and realized it was Mr. Addams. Great. Surprisingly enough, he didn't look that mad. "Chandler grab your things and head to my office please." He said calmly.

A/N: Hello! Thanks for reading! I have decided to put how I imagine the characters in this chapter so here you go!

Chandler: