Chapter 21

TRIGGER WARNING

Chandler's POV
I'm currently sitting in the nurses office getting my wrists bandaged. "Not the first time this has happened, am I right?" Nurse Cathy asked.

"Y-yes ma'am." I stammered.

"Parker, you can head back to class now." Nurse Cathy said. He gave her an unsure look before walking back to class.

"You're lucky none of these cuts need stitches." She said to me. "Very lucky." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked at the doorway to see Mr. Addams standing there.

"M-Mr. Addams! W-what are you doing in here?" I asked nervously. "My office is right over there, kid. I saw you on my way to the bathroom. More importantly, what are doing in here?" He asked.

I didn't know what to say.

"I...u-um..." I tried to come up with something, anything to say. "Meet me in my office after you get your arms bandaged. We'll talk." He said and left.

This is gonna be awkward.

3rd Person POV
"Good to have you back, Chandler. Where were you?" Mr. Addams asked. Chandler shifted uncomfortably and played with his fingers. This was the one question he didn't want to answer.

He knew once he told Mr. Addams he was kidnapped that he would want to know what happened.

"Look Chandler, we don't have to talk about anything that you're not comfortable with. But you can talk to me." Mr. Addams said.

Chandler actually felt relieved. The truth was, he really did want to talk to someone, but he didn't want to worry people. He also didn't want people to think of him as a freak.

"I...w-was taken away by a man named Ryan. One of my dad's friends." Chandler started. "Okay. And where did he take you?" Mr. Addams followed.

"T-to a house. There was this man named Andy and he was really nice. He tried to help me, and eventually it worked. He helped me escape. My dad helped me escape too." Chandler explained.

"Your dad? How?" Mr. Addams asked, confused.

"He broke out of jail. I-I thought he was gonna help his friends and do-- what they did. But he didn't. When this guy tried to...t-to hurt me he beat him up and told me to call the cops." Chandler answered, getting quiet at the end.

"...W-wow. I'm very sorry, Chandler. That must've been hard to go through. Are you doing better?" Mr. Addams asked sympathetically.

"I-I guess."

(^^^That was so cringe lol ^^^)

{At lunch}

"Who's the new girl?" Zay asks as he sits next to Chandler, Laura, and Parker.

"Her name is Brianna or something like that. I already don't like her." Laura answers, not looking up from her book. (Mwahahaha sorry I really don't ship Briandler) "Why don't you like her?" Parker asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Just the way she was acting, like the world owes her something. I don't know, maybe I'm being too judgy." Laura answers.

"Nah, you're probably right. She looks like the kinda pers-- wait a minute. Chandler what happened to your arms? Why are they bandaged? Are you okay?" Zay asked, forgetting about Brianna.

"Yeah, Chandler. I'm sure we would all like to know." Parker said sarcastically. Laura stopped reading her book and looked at Chandler with a concerned look plastered on her face.

"I-I'm fine guys. R-really it's nothing." Chandler lied.

"It's not nothing, Chandler. We're your friends, you can talk to us." Laura said softly. "I know what happened, but I don't think he would want me to tell you." Parker says.