Chapter 10

3rd person POV {the next morning}
Chandler woke up to his dad packing clothes in a suitcase. He tried to move, but soon regretted it as every bone in his body was sore.

"Morning." William said with a smirk. Chandler didn't say anything. He didn't trust his voice not to break. "We're leaving today." William said.

But as if on cue the cops burst through the door. "POLICE! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" They yelled as they cuffed William. Chandler didn't recognize anyone, well that is until he saw Mr. Addams. "Chandler? Are you okay?" He asked, noticing Chandler's swollen face. Chandler was going to say something, before everything went black.

Zay's POV {Sorry not sorry}
"Zay? When are you gonna tell me what happened?" I heard my mom say as she came into the living room.

"I-I'll tell you now I guess." I told her.

"Good. As soon as I know the story I'm going to that school and beating some little kids a-" "Okay mom. I get it!" I cut her off.

"So, what happened?" She asked as she sat beside me. "I- I got what I deserved." I answered.

"What do you mean son?" She asked. "There's this kid. I-I've been picking on him since the first grade. I know I shouldn't have but ever since dad left I needed something to get my anger out. I-I'm sorry mom!" I rambled.

I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt wet tears on my cheek. I quickly wiped them away. Real men don't cry.

"Who's this kid?" She asked. "H-his name is Chandler." I replied. "He that kid that always wears the black hoodie?" She asked.

"H-how'd you know?" I asked. "I drove him home one day. Well, to the children's home he lives in." She answered.

"Look Zay, I know you've been missing your dad, but you can't just take your anger out on innocent people. Tomorrow at school, you're gonna apologize to him, and be nice to him from now on. And you're grounded for the next month. And I want your phone. Got it?" She said.

"Yes ma'am. But, his dad broke out of jail and kidnapped him so...I don't think he'll be at school tomorrow." I told her. Doesn't she watch the news?

"Oh my- how do you know that?" She asked. "It's all over the news." I shrugged. She quickly grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. She put it on news channel 6.

"The kidnapped boy has been found! Thanks to the Atlanta Police station he is in a hospital and on a road to recovery." The news lady said.

"Oh thank God. Well I guess now you can go to the hospital and apologize to him." My mom said. "What? M-mom I can't -" I was cut off by my mom. "I don't want to hear it. Get in the car."

Chandler's POV
I've been sitting in this stupid hospital with Mr. Addams for half an hour now. Mr. Addams stayed because he didn't want me to be alone.

All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see Zay. Oh my Lord what is he doing here? This is perfect. The dude I punched in the face repeatedly is here. At the hospital. FANTASTIC! Why can't I ever catch a break?

He's coming. Great. Why is he here? Okay Chandler, chill. He can't beat you up. Mr. Addams is here. He wouldn't beat you up with the guidance counselor in the room. Right?

"U-um hi." Zay said. Hi? No retard? No wimp? Just hi? "I'll, uh give you two a minute." Mr. Addams says and walks out. Noooo! Come back! Why would you do that?! What is Mr. Addams doing with his life?

"Um. I wanted to say sorry. For-well everything." He said. Who is this and what has he done with Zay? "Um...okay?" I said. "Look, I'm sorry for giving you hell since 1st grade. And for just being a douche bag in general." He said.

"Um...it's Okay I-I guess." I replied. I'm so confused. "And you're not a wimp. Or a retard. Or anything else I may have called you." He said. "Thanks...But why did you call me all that stuff if you don't think it's true?" I asked.

"Because...I thought you had this perfect life with these perfect parents and a perfect dad, and my dad left. I'm really sorry, I didn't know your life was really like that. Even after I was still making fun of you because that was easier than admitting I was wrong, guess it doesn't matter now though." He explained.

Wow. Here I was thinking I was the only one who had problems at home.

"Oh...okay." I said. "Well, I have to go now. My mom's waiting. I'll see you at school, whenever that may be." He said and left. "Bye..." I said, still in shock.

A/n: Hey look! I made Zay a little less hateable!

Enjoy this wonderful picture of Chandler below ↓↓

Ooof that's Carl whatever

I'm sorry that this is so cringey but I wanted to make Zay less of a douche bag soooooooo yeaaa!