Chapter 34

Trigger Warning
Mentions of Sexual Assault
(The discussion gets kind of graphic, if that triggers you in any way do not read this chapter)
Angst
So much angst
Did I mention angst?
THIS CHAPTER HAS NO FILTER WHATSOEVER AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I WAS ABLE TO WRITE IT BUT WHATEVER

———————————

Third Person POV
"Zay, for the last time, no." Chandler said and threw a piece of popcorn into his mouth. They were all hanging out in Chandler's room, telling Andy that they had homework.

They really just wanted to hang out.

"Come on, man! He's been messing with you for like three months now!" Zay whined.

"You've been messing with me for almost nine years and now we're best friends so...what's your point?" Chandler reasoned.

"Well, Zay's changed, and if you had found his diary back when he was making you miserable, wouldn't you like to expose it?" Laura asked.

"I don't have a diary." Zay said and they all ignored him.

"Well, probably because that was back when I didn't have anyone. At all. Now when people make fun of me it's a lot easier to deal with now that I sort of...ya know...have friends?" Chandler explained awkwardly.

"Just remember what he said about Laura. Don't you wanna make him pay for that?" Parker asked.

"I gave him a concussion. That's quite enough." Chandler said. "We're not posting his diary on Instagram. I don't even have Instagram. Or a phone." He finished and threw another piece of popcorn in his mouth.

"Fine." Zay sighed.

————————————

It was 12:00 am. Chandler had been working on his second rockstar that Parker gave him, apparently he always had energy drinks on hand.

After he downed his second one, he was hoping he wouldn't fall asleep, he didn't have any more rockstars.

He was also hoping no one would find out he was trying to stay awake all night, Andy would kill him.

Chandler laid back onto his pillow and sighed.

Why can't I just be normal?

He thought he heard footsteps, he quickly threw his empty rockstar cans under his bed and pretended to sleep.

Andy sighed as he made his way up the stairs. He wanted to check on Payton and Chandler, since they've both been having trouble sleeping.

He doesn't blame them, they've both been through way more than any child should have to.

Especially Chandler, used and tortured far more than any other kid his age.

He goes into Payton's room first. He breathes out a sigh of relief when he sees her sleeping peacefully, teddy bear hugged to her chest. He carefully closes the door and heads to Chandler's bedroom.

When he opens the door, he sees Chandler laying in his bed with his eyes closed.

But his eyebrows are furrowed, and Andy can tell he's awake. "You're not very good at this." Andy says and slides into Chandler's room.

Chandler sighs and opens his eyes.

"I know." He replies.

He sits up in his bed as Andy comes and sits next to him. "I drank two rockstar energy drinks." Chandler said quietly. "Why would you do that?" Andy asks.