Chapter 11

*2 weeks later*

3rd person POV {at school}
Chandler was finally discharged from the hospital and was ready to go back to school. Except, he wasn't emotionally ready. He was terrified that he was gonna have some sort of nervous breakdown. But mainly he was worried about Zay.

He hadn't talked to him since his 'apology' which he wasn't even sure was real anymore. In fact, he was pretty sure he was just setting him up. Plus, he still has a bruise on his face. He hoped no one asked about it, because they really aren't ready for that conversation.

As Chandler stepped on the bus, he spotted a few of Zay's friends laughing. Great. He thought. Zay wasn't sitting with them, though. He was in the very back. 'That's weird.' Chandler thought.

As he sat down, he heard Zay get up. Here it comes. Chandler thought, once again. Here comes the insults, the laughing, the—

"C-can I sit here?" Zay asked. Chandler was beyond confused.

"U-uh yeah I g-guess."Chandler said, although it sounded more like a question.

Once Zay sat down, Zay's friends started laughing and yelling out insults. "Wow Zay, I never saw you as a traitor. I'm disappointed man. Ditching us for a little retard." One of the guys said.

"Shut up Jared. At least Chandler's mom doesn't pick out his clothes." Zay replied. Chandler was just sitting there nervously, wondering how he got in this situation. "Yeah that's because his mom's a druggie!" Jared said, and a few of the guys laughed.

That hit Chandler pretty hard. He knew it was true, but hearing it out loud was still hurtful. All of a sudden Zay stood up. "Say that again." He said in a calm, yet unsettling voice. Jared scoffed and and sat back in his seat.

As Zay sat down, Chandler was staring at him with confusion in his eyes. "What? I'm trying to be your friend. Is that okay?" Zay asked. Chandler nodded. "Th-thanks." He said.

Chandler's POV
I'm sitting in 2nd Period (English) and my teacher is about to announce our next project. "So I know this doesn't have much to do with English, but it's still the beginning of the year and I wanna get to know you guys. You are gonna make a pic collage of you and your families. It's due in November, so you have plenty of time." She explained.

Ummmmmmmmm what? How the heck am I supposed to do that? I don't have a family! I saw Laura look at me from across the room with sadness in her eyes. Wait. She's in this class?

{Fourth Period}
I'm sitting in Mr. Addams' office once again. "Are you recovering okay?" He asks me. "I guess so..." I said. I wanna ask him why he cares so much about my life, but I feel like that'd be kinda rude.

Screw it. "Why do you care? I-I'm not trying to be rude or anything..." Real smooth Chandler. Real smooth.

"I'm gonna tell you a story." Mr. Addams started. "O-okay?" I said.

"There was this girl, she was abused. I saw the signs but, I just brushed it off. Two weeks after I noticed it, that girl died. I didn't want it to happen again." He explained.

"Oh..." I said. Wow, I didn't know someone died. That's scary to think I could have died, never knew it could be so serious.

"Well the bell will be ringing shortly. I'll see you tomorrow Chandler." Mr. Addams told me. "Yes sir." I replied and walked out.

3rd person POV {Lunch}
As Chandler made his way to his (and now Laura's) lunch table, he heard a few guys laughing. He didn't think much of it at first, until he heard his name get thrown around a couple times. Of course they were talking about him. He just got back from being kidnapped by his own dad.

He ignored them and sat by Laura.

"Hey Laura." He said. "Chandler! Are you okay?" She said while hugging him. "Y-yeah I'm good." Chandler said, as cool as he could.

He doesn't remember the last time somebody hugged him. Literally. He forgot how it feels. All of a sudden they saw Zay come up to their table.

"U-um Laura? I'm really sorry for pushing you that day. I know you probably don't believe me and I don't blame you, but I am sorry." He said. "I accept your apology...if Chandler accepts it." She told him.

"Why do I need to accept it? He pushed you." Chandler asked Laura, confused. "Do you accept it or not?" Laura asked, getting tired of this whole conversation. "Oh. U-uh yeah. Yeah I accept it. I guess." Chandler stuttered.

"Thanks. Can I sit here?" Zay asked.

"Sure." Laura said. "Hey Chandler, my little cousin goes to this speech therapist by the way. If you want I can give you her number." Laura said to Chandler. "What? Why would I need speech therapy?" He asked her.

"For your stutter. Duh." She replied. "I don't have a stutter?" He said, although it sounded more like a question.

"Really? You do it all the time." She commented. "Y-yeah I do it when I'm nervous." Chandler said, playing with his fingers.

"You're one nervous kid then." Zay said, laughing a little.

A/N: I'M GONNA GET SO COPYRIGHTED! Btw, do you like the new lil friend group? Comment your thoughts! I know this is kind of a fuller chapter. I apologize. I will make it up to you though, I swear! I also apologize about how cringey this is lol.

 I will make it up to you though, I swear! I also apologize about how cringey this is lol

Here you go!!