Chapter 32

Chandler's POV
I was sitting in first period, not really paying attention to whatever the teacher was talking about. What I was thinking about is how I'm getting signed out early because I have a doctors appointment.

I'm getting evaluated for a bunch of mental disorders, so that's fun. I don't know why it's really necessary but Andy said it's a good idea.

'Chandler Riggs, please report to the office for dismissal.' I heard the lady over the intercom say. I grab my stuff and wave at Parker, he's the only one of my friends in my first period.

When I get to the office, Andy is standing there talking to the office lady. I wonder why I came today, I was here literally 20 minutes.

Andy begins to walk out and gestures for me to follow.

---------------------------------------------------

When we pull into the psychiatrist's office, I have a lump in my throat. I don't want some random person that I don't know to tell me I have mental issues.

When we get inside, the lady at the front desk greets us. "Hello, you must be Andrew. Dr. Tucker will see you in just a moment." she smiles and we sit down in the waiting area.

My leg starts bouncing because I'm getting kinda nervous. My fingers are also tapping against the armrest of the chair.

"You nervous?" Andy asks me and I nod shyly. "Don't be. You'll be fine." He says and puts a hand on my shoulder.

After waiting for a few minutes, Dr. Tucker called us back to his office and we sat in the two chairs in front of his desk. I don't exactly know what they do when they test you for a mental illness. "Hi, Chandler, I'm Dr. Tucker.  I'm just gonna be asking you a few questions and it's very important that you answer me honestly. If you have any trouble answering a question, Andy's right there and can help you. Okay?" He explains and I nod.

Andy's POV
He flips through some papers on a clipboard.

"Alright first question. Do you sleep well at night?" He asked Chandler, who looks like he doesn't know what to say. Hesitantly, he shakes his head and starts fiddling with his fingers.

"How come?" He asked again. Chandler bites his lip. I put my hand on his shoulder and he looks up at me with his eyes wide.

I nod, urging him to answer the man. He looks back up to Dr. Tucker. "I uh...h-have nightmares." He mumbled quietly. The man looked at him sympathetically and nodded.

"And are these nightmares about monsters and stuff like that? Make-believe? Or about things that have actually happened?" He asks. I can tell Chandler's getting uncomfortable, but the doctor has to ask him these questions to get a diagnosis.

His eyes are glossy and he looks like he's gonna cry just talking about it.

"U-um things that have actually h-happened." He said barely above a whisper. Dr. Tucker nods and writes some stuff on his clipboard. 

This is gonna be a long two hours.

————————————

Who knew one kid could have three mental disorders, one physical disability,and have to take three pills a day.

Chandler has been diagnosed with ADHD, Anxiety, and mild/intermittent asthma. He's been prescribed Zoloft(Anxiety) and Adderall(ADHD). His asthma isn't severe enough for an inhaler.