Chapter 38

Trigger warning
Third Person POV

It was lunch time.

Laura, Chandler, Parker, Zay, and Autumn were all talking about stupid stuff that didn't matter.

"Hey, Chandler by the way, some kid named Anthony Brooks is looking for you." Autumn said.

"Wait, yeah. That kid asked me if I knew you too." Zay said.

"That's weird, me too. He's got blonde hair." Parker said, confused.

"I don't even know who that is." Chandler said, more confused than all three of them. "Well he knows you." Laura said.

"Hey, how come you haven't eaten anything?" Autumn asked Laura.

Laura just shrugged in response, and continued picking at her food.

Because I'm too fat as it is. Laura wanted to say.

"C'mon, you gotta eat something." Chandler insisted. "Nah, I had a pretty big breakfast." She lied.

"Laur..." Parker started.

"Guys I'm okay," Laura cut him off with a fake smile.

"If you say so." Chandler mumbled.

————————————

They were outside, waiting for the bus to come when Chandler saw a blonde kid walking towards them.

"Hey, is that the kid you said was looking for me?" Chandler asked nervously.

"Uh, yeah." Parker said.

The kid walked up angrily. "Are you Chandler Riggs?" The kid growled.

"Y-Yeah...why?" Chandler asked, fidgeting with the hem of his hoodie. Suddenly, the boy shoved Chandler to the nearest wall and pulled out a switch blade. "Let him go!" Laura yelled.

"I d-don't even...I don't even know you..." Chandler choked out.

"Yeah? Well I know you. You got my dad sent away." The boy spat.

"Y-your dad?" Chandler asked, afraid. By now, kids started to gather around, trying to see what all the noise was about.

"Yeah. My dad. Do you not recognize the last name? My names Anthony Brooks. My dad, is Keith Brooks. A good person." Anthony spat out.

Chandler laughed bitterly.

"You're so wrong." He gritted out.

Anthony pressed the blade to his neck harder. Zay decided now was a good time to go and get Mr. Addams.

"He was a good man. Until you went and cried rape." Anthony said loudly and the kids around him gasped.

Great. Chandler thought. There goes no one else knowing.

"I-I didn't cry anything. I didn't even know what rape was until last week so could you please remove your knife from my neck?" Chandler asked sarcastically, but he was scared. Everyone knew that much.

"I don't believe you." Anthony sneered.

"Your dad came into our house and he tried to kidnap me, for the second time might I add, and my sister called the police. It's not like they put away an innocent man."  Chandler said as calmly as he could.

By this point, Mr. Addams had joined the crowd of people. "Anthony, put the knife down, and let him go." He said.

"No. He got my dad locked up. Do you know what he told people?" Anthony asked.